By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - XBO > PS4 LifeTime in the US or Wii U > PS4 LifeTime in Japan?

What is more probabily

XBO > PS4 LT in US 36 14.06%

Wii U > PS4 LT in JP 28 10.94%

Stop Ryng, enjoy PS4 domination. :D 192 75.00%

Total:256

Guys, don't comment with "none".
As i said, i predict PS4 above both Wii U and XBO, but between the two option, what do you think is more possible?

Dr.Vita
PS4 will win both

PxlStorm said:
PS4 wins both.

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
As i said, i predict PS4 above both Wii U and XBO, but between the two option, what do you think is more possible?

What "value" your prediction have? Are you from future? Or do you have good track record in this regard. It seems none. And ps> x1 in us and ps4 > wii u in Japan which is a safe bet.

daredevil.shark said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

What "value" your prediction have? Are you from future? Or do you have good track record in this regard. It seems none. And ps> x1 in us and ps4 > wii u in Japan which is a safe bet.

The thread is about what do you think is more possible between the two option.

Is more probabily XBO above PS4 LT in US, or Wii U above PS4 LT in Japan?

That is what i said, in my opinion PS4 will win in all countries, but where the "PS4 dominaton" is more small?

Xbox One > PS4 in the US is way more likely than Wii U > PS4 in Japan.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

I can't imagine what Nintendo could possibly do for the Wii U that would allow that console to top the PS4. Their two best shots were Mario Kart and Smash Bros., neither of which have made the Wii U a hit. On the other hand, the PS4 is just getting started.

Xbox One winning the US is more likely. Microsoft could still break open the vault and buy something massive. It's unlikely, sure, but it's more realistic than Nintendo doing the same in Japan.

Around the Network

I'll say XBO > PS4 LT in the US is the most likely of both instances, but I don't think any of them will be likely to happen.

Ryng_Tolu said:
torok said:
XBO winning the US is way more likely. Right now, PS4 is doing around 25k more than Wii U in Japan. That's roughly 100k a month or 1.2M per year, enough to beat the gap handily and that's with a pretty limited amount of Japanese game offers. Japan will be an onslaught 2016 ahead.

PS4 is gonna to outsell XBO by 100,000/150,000 in March NPD...

I'm not saying X1 will win US, but it has as shot. Wii U can't win Japan. Despite that, it doesn't matter if you losse NPDs for 100k when you can gain 600k in a single month with aggressive discounts. MS seems to understand better the Black Friday/Holidays mentality in the US and they also understand better the US public preferences.

I doubt either will happen, but Wii U ahead in Japan is much more likely. It already has a ~1M lead, and while weekly sales are higher for the PS4, it's still going to take awhile for it to pass the Wii U.

Not sure why some think the XBO passing the PS4 in the US is more likely. I think that ship has sailed. The PS4 has a ~700K lead in the US, and is currently outselling (and not barely outselling) a cheaper XBO that now comes standard with 2 free games. And if positions on Amazon are anything to go by, when we get the NPD numbers for March, the PS4 may have a ~850K-900K lead. Later his year, the PS4 is getting a price cut, which if it is a full $100, is going to completely crush XBO sales from now on. Even if it's just a $50 cut, the PS4 will still see a nice boost for the following months.

X1 > PS4 in NA is about 10% of happening now.
Wii U > PS4 in JP is about 1% so go with X1.

Both.

Consoles seem doomed in Japan and Xbox will probably win USA.

Heck, the Xbox 360 even outsold the Wii in the USA. When those late people start upgrading it will be even bigger.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!