By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - VGChartz is Looking for Contributors

Good luck everyone.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

Around the Network

I would throw my application out there if I had the time... plus I don't have an 8th gen console just yet.

I am the black sheep     "of course I'm crazy, but that doesn't mean I'm wrong."-Robert Anton Wilson

Man, I love to write and this is something I've always been into, but I just don't think I'd be able to manage it with all the other stuff I've got going on--especially if it might not pay a lot for the hours put in. A few years ago I would have been all over this, especially for the great experience. Well, some other writers out there are going to really love doing it, so I wish them a ton of luck!

Currently playing:

Bloodbath Paddy Wagon Ultra 9

I have a couple of questions, this seems like a fun opportunity. Currently I work as an insurance agent, but I have always wanted to do something on the side related to writing, whether that be serious writing, or writing just for fun. Gaming is a passion of mine, so this seems like a combination of both because each are in a different, yet very important section of my life.

So, the questions: First, what would be the requirement on the length of each article, and would they be submitted to an editor first, or just posted? Second, would there be any way for me to get my hands on more systems so that I could do more reviews? I don't have a ton of expendable money, and currently own just a Wii U, an XBox 360, and a 3DS, I would love to get an XBox One as well, but currently cannot afford one. Lastly, I would love to do either side, whether it be gaming reviews, or the financial side of things, but I am just wondering where we would get ahold of accurate financials, meaning would we have access to an exclusive site, or individual company financials, or would we just wait for NPD data? I know they are usually one of the first out there with the data, but just curious.

I love creative writing as well, would there be opportunities to work in satirical pieces, or short stories or anything like that? I'm sure I will have more questions later, but those are all I have for now :)

NNID: Dongo8                              XBL Gamertag: Dongos Revenge

This is a great opportunity. I would like to contribute this way but I don't play enough new releases. Plus, those I do get are on the least needed platform (Wii U). I look forward to some good PC articles though.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Around the Network

As a former writer (For some reason they let me just doodle to my heart's content), I wish everyone good luck. Really excited to see the next wave of folks dedicated to making this site a better place. :)

Good luck to those who want to try. I used to write for VGC back when there were no standards.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

I don't have time to do this, plus I'm banned alot....

Smeags said:
As a former writer (For some reason they let me just doodle to my heart's content), I wish everyone good luck. Really excited to see the next wave of folks dedicated to making this site a better place. :)

What's your name smeagonator,I want to see your articles!:P:P:P:P

tak13 said:
Smeags said:

What's your name smeagonator,I want to see your articles!:P:P:P:P

Patrick "Smeagsonator" McNamara

I mostly did community based articles. Like VGC Most Wanted, VGC Celebrates (a 'best of' for franchises), and VGComix.