By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Amazon selling off Wii SD cards, hard drive to come?

This is very much in rumour territory but it seems odd that Amazon is selling the Wii 2gb SD cards for £3.79 when their RRP is £19.99 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/SanDisk-SDSDG-2048-E10-SECURE-DIGITAL-GAMING/dp/B000KKIQ9C/ref=sr_1_47?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1205162425&sr=1-47

Amazon say it's part of a "warehouse clearance". With WiiWare coming at the end of the month is Nintendo about to announce support for USB hard drives, or even their own hard drive?

Around the Network

hey ferret nice of you to pop online, i had a 2gig sd card, but there is no channled cross over.

Exactly. If they're going to be supporting USB drives then SD cards that can't be read from directly would become useless which, I suspect, is why they're selling them off cheap.

Exuse my Grammar most embarrassing in the presense of a female entity

i should just cut my fingers off it would seem

Around the Network

Hopefully. When Wiiware comes out, we'll have a big problem with internal storage.

This is very possible. Especially when you add in the pay-to-play online system that Nintendo is building, we might see this happen and an MMO to boot!

Edit: Perhaps that is why Nintendo bought Monolith Soft...? They will put them on a Nintendo MMO...?

I do hope the HDD is on its way, but i don't see any real reason why the SD card would be discontinued because of harddrive. But i would understand ie Amazon would want to clear their warehouse of Wii-branded SD cards, since they are the same cards as other SD:s, with the difference that they cost more. Unless Amazon sells them with "big enough" volume.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I think there just getting rid of them as they probally dont sell to well as they are pretty much tottally useless. Im not getting to excited about a HDD til im plugging it into the Wii, then i will be happy.

luinil said:

They will put them on a Nintendo MMO...?

Dibs on the flying blue Yoshi mount.

My battle cry will be "Itsa me, Wowio" as I dive bomb Koopa castles in search of the Princess armed with nothing but my trusty Fire Flower and my cuddly blue Yoshi.