By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My Defense to Nintendo's Youtube Policy

I actually agree with Nintendo 100% on this Angry Joe B.s.  I don't enjoy L.Ps or any other non-gaming hobby that isn't video games.  I don't watch Youtube at all, but I never got the point of letting gamers make millions using other people's products to make commentary and reactions on them.  Look at it this way, shouldn't a movie company get money where ever a channel on T.V plays their film?  It's the same thing in this case.  They're getting ad money by entertaining people with someone else's copyrighted product.  I think Nintendo did a good job, and I honestly wished other game devs made a similar policy. 

This is only a bad move because Nintendo is now losing a lot of advertising, but they're partner share program is fair imo besides the fact that your channel can only play nintenod games...

Also lol@ letting people making millions by playing video games and stream, and worst is letting them take all the proceeds themselves..  

3DS I.D : 3282-2755-4646

I make bad threads.  

SSB really went downhill after Melee....

Manlet Crew

Around the Network

I think it's time to move on

ToraTiger said:

I actually agree with Nintendo 100% on this Angry Joe B.s.  I don't enjoy L.Ps or any other non-gaming hobby that isn't video games.  I don't watch Youtube at all, but I never got the point of letting gamers make millions using other people's products to make commentary and reactions on them.  Look at it this way, shouldn't a movie company get money where ever a channel on T.V plays their film?  It's the same thing in this case.  They're getting ad money by entertaining people with someone else's copyrighted product.  I think Nintendo did a good job, and I honestly wished other game devs made a similar policy. 

This is only a bad move because Nintendo is now losing a lot of advertising, but they're partner share program is fair imo besides the fact that your channel can only play nintenod games...

Also lol@ letting people making millions by playing video games and stream, and worst is letting them take all the proceeds themselves..  

Nintendo isn't losing a lot of advertising. You can count on one had how many Nintendo videos Angry Joe made that featured Nintendo. Its like multiplying by zero. It will always equal zero.

Nintendo's marketing prowess is basically nill anyway, so nothing was lost in sum total anyhow.

tag

Around the Network

Most of the people complaining barely make Nintendo vids at all. I don't really care about this mess though. It doesn't affect me.

I'm a Nintendo fan, but I don't agree with their YT policies. I see it a symbiosis: Nintendo obtains free advertising, and the youtuber takes the revenue for that. I don't understand why Nintendo is risking its reputation, youtubers have a lot of influence nowadays...

This youtube "drama" is just beyond me.
All i see is people using property that doesn't belong to them, in any way they see fit, without caring for what the owner of such property has to say about it, while making money... by using something that is not their property.
And then they come and think they are entitled to even discuss what the owner has to say on how their property is used.

Every youtuber making money on IP that is not their own, should be more than thankful that they can do stuff like this.
They might not agree with the decisions made regarding such IP, but how they act like Nintendo owes them something is just beyond me.

Agree, sony should do the same. Make an update with hdcp protection for gaming and make the share functionality with a playstation watermark so every content could be claimed by sony.
These lets play viewers who arent playing or buying the games are hurting gaming culture and industry

The problems isn't Nintendo wanting their share, you aren't getting the whole problem. The issue is that Nintendo not only wants THEIR share but they want to approve if a video can or can't be published. That rule allows Nintendo to block videos that criticize their games and just allow videos that are being generous to their products. That's, effectively, censorship. If you do Nintendo videos, you, from now on, will probably try to just say good things so your video can get approved.

That's something that unnaceptable and a new low in trying to avoid people talking negative things about your game. That's worse than buying reviews, worse than review embargos simply because you are now choosing what can be said about your game. They can even block videos for a specific game! So if the f** badly a game, they simply won't allow any video to avoid having people telling the truth.