By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X will have paid DLC quests

Why is this something of note? The majority of games have some kind of dlc.

Around the Network
Wright said:
tbone51 said:

That DLC was indeed pricey, atleast you didn't mention FE If because that DLC might be a steal

For such great game, the DLC in Awakening was a huge scam. xD

Even worse when you absolutely needed in order to do Lunatic+; although on FE's defense, Lunatic+ is something very few people would seriously attempt.

Yeapppppppp!!!!!!!!!!! Even i the defender of Nintendo (well Intelligent Systems) cant defend this XD

Yeah i wish i could do Lunatic+..... :-/ Im good but thats insane! Anywayz that FE If! If it comes in 1 box which i think will, i bet as long as everything is good in the game with a much better story than awakening, it could be a 95 on meta :) I mean 2 games in 1, which the previous got i think a 92/93 on meta *.*

Clyde32 said:
sc94597 said:
Xenoblade Chronicles did have some pretty good side-quest lines. You guys just had to try for 5 star affinity in each area to see them. My favorite was the one with the Nopon drug dealer.

Was literally just barely talking about that quest on gaf.

Yeah that questline brought like three seemingly unrelated quest-lines across many different areas under one nice conclusion. Plus there were some pretty funny parts. :) 

Ryudo said:
daredevil.shark said:
For comparisons sake witcher 3 is bigger than xenoblade chronicles x and will have free DLC.

No it's  smaller. CDprojekt confirmed it was 136 in total and XCX is confirmed to be over 150 Square miles. Xenoblade on Wii was 30 square miles.   They said over 400 Square KM which is 150 or so Square miles. XCX is larger plus unlike Witcher or FFVX you have vertical space to explore since you can fly and explore tops of cliffs and inside volcanos.

The games haven't even been released yet and  FFXV's world and gameplay hasn't even been properly shown yet. So that's a bad comparison.

Not surprising, but with all that content already, I may never need to purchase these DLCs :P

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

Yikes

"Say what you want about Americans but we understand Capitalism.You buy yourself a product and you Get What You Pay For."  

- Max Payne 3

LAME

FU Nintendo.

Paid DLC = crap. Make it kinda like Kickstarter.

The more people buy the game the more DLC you bring out. When people slowly stop to buy your products slowly stop providing DLC.

This is the only way DLC should ever be implemented EVER.

Paid DLC is stupid because:
Splitting userbase in half
Devalueing a product etc
Making people wait for price cuts because "why buy unfinished game?"

The only thing Nintendo has others dont is value the more they experiment with DLC the less interest I have in buying their products.

FREE DLC or NO DLC.

How is this bad?

Clyde32 said:
How is this bad?

Oh is not. Is Dlc like with Skyrim, Dragon Age or Fallout. But this time is Nintendo related, so expect a lot of people shitting about.

This is just speculation at this point, so I'm reluctant to criticize Nintendo.

That being said, if Nintendo and Monolith Soft offer a bunch of paid DLC quests that could and should have been included in the main game, it will be very disappointing.