By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X will have paid DLC quests

Do we still need another quest with that crazy massive adventure and side quest that already include inside  ? If i can buy Wii U this year and XCX i don't think i have more time to play another side quest. So it's fine for me and will skip this, and maybe buy on another year and so.

Around the Network

I can see this being more like an expansion pack thing. I wouldn't mind that at all. I like how Bethesda does it with Elder Scrolls, and Fallout.

Skullwaker said:
I probably wouldn't get it. 300+ hours is more than enough for me.

Lol the game keeps growing everytime someone mentions its length. Waiting for someone to clain its 400+ hours long next. I dont know Im still not as hyped as I wanted to eb for this game, it looks kinda souless everytime I see footage of it, probably because of the dumb idea of having a customisable main character that fails to show any expressions and because it reminds me way too much of White Knight Chronicles, including the part where it has online multiplayer quests and all.

I thought paid DLC were the spawn of satan? Kidding. But then again; I'm not, I really think it is the spawn of satan in most cases.

No thanks.

Around the Network

In b4 the actual game lasts 6 hours and the other 194 hours that they promised are all DLC. :P

DakonBlackblade said:
Skullwaker said:
I probably wouldn't get it. 300+ hours is more than enough for me.

Lol the game keeps growing everytime someone mentions its length. Waiting for someone to clain its 400+ hours long next. I dont know Im still not as hyped as I wanted to eb for this game, it looks kinda souless everytime I see footage of it, probably because of the dumb idea of having a customisable main character that fails to show any expressions and because it reminds me way too much of White Knight Chronicles, including the part where it has online multiplayer quests and all.

The concept for White Knight Chronicles wasn't what made the game bad. It was the implementation. Xenoblade Chronicles X's gameplay has already been proven great by Xenoblade Chronicles. 

Also for the play-time. 

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-info-battles-exploration/

"When Takahashi playtested the game recently for a final check, he clocked in at over 300 hours.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/28/xenoblade-chronicles-x-info-battles-exploration/#9ZRmtcEIexiReiHa.99"

Samus Aran said:
daredevil.shark said:
For comparisons sake witcher 3 is bigger than xenoblade chronicles x and will have free DLC.

TW3 won't have a world of 1200 km².

You'll be lucky if it's 10% of that.

Only 1200 km²? LotR Online already had 75000 km² and Daggerfall 160000 km². ;)

GTA San Andreas was only 14 km² big... these statements doesn't mean much.

Meh.

I probably won't get them, but at least it's a relief to know that I won't have to buy a Shulk Amiibo or whatever Nintendo decides to use to "unlock" said quests.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Conina said:
Samus Aran said:

TW3 won't have a world of 1200 km².

You'll be lucky if it's 10% of that.

Only 1200 km²? LotR Online already had 75000 km² and Daggerfall 160000 km². ;)

GTA San Andreas was only 14 km² big... these statements doesn't mean much.

What does the size of the world has to do with anything. Anyone can make a gigantic world and than fail incredibly to populate it with any decent form of content making the game trash. Im more interested in knowing if Im gona have quest variety, fun well tough out sidequests (with an actual storyline that makes sense atatched to them) and stuf to discover on all those miles in both the Witcher 3 and Xenoblade X. I believe both games will deliver but if turns out Im going trough these gigantic worlds doing fetch quests, getting the same colectibles all over the world, doing filler sidequests and killing 5 of X monster because someone asked me to everytime Im just gona drop the game and go play something with a much smaler world that actualy offers me throngs of fun content.

Diversity and well develop content trumphs size. I believe with Xeno X and the Witcher we gona get both quality content and size, but realy I could care less for how big the world is, as long as its gempacked with fun stuf to do the game could be composed of just 1 single room.