By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Xenoblade Chronicles X will have paid DLC quests

daredevil.shark said:
For comparisons sake witcher 3 is bigger than xenoblade chronicles x and will have free DLC.

This is absolutely hysterical. Literally a day later. A DAY.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

So, it's a lose-lose either way, who would anyone bother to answer you when you've already made the conclusion and decided that should they post anything counter to this conclusion; it is likely false? I know I wouldn't.

I walk away from discussions all the time in here if they're headed nowhere, it happens quite often.

Well he lost in his example as well. Witcher 3 does have Paid DLC. 

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:

So, it's a lose-lose either way, who would anyone bother to answer you when you've already made the conclusion and decided that should they post anything counter to this conclusion; it is likely false? I know I wouldn't.

I walk away from discussions all the time in here if they're headed nowhere, it happens quite often.

Anyone is doomed to lose when they are guilty. Yes, he really had no chance to get out of this (because I as well as others knew his stance due to his posting history), but that doesn't make me a bad guy for trying to lock him up.

Entirely possible, but if we let posting history decide everything; there are many users we should not take seriously, you and I are both among them.

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=4463120

Anyway; this is not very productive for any of us. I stand by my personal view though; DLC is not good in general, regardless of who makes it and despite every odd bit of decent content.

RolStoppable said:
Mummelmann said:

Entirely possible, but if we let posting history decide everything; there are many users we should not take seriously, you and I are both among them.

Anyway; this is not very productive for any of us. I stand by my personal view though; DLC is not good in general, regardless of who makes it and despite every odd bit of decent content.

That's a pretty random post. Anyway, I've never had an issue with an image that not all of my posts should be taken seriously; after all, a lot of my posts are not meant to be serious.

Now I wonder how I forgot to mention Ubisoft back then...

Ubisoft are worse than Activision/Blizzard but still behind EA, that's my take on it anyway.

I know your style very well and not to take everything seriously, but that's kind of the problem with internet forums; people change over time, I know we both have and I don't always know where everyone stands (some users are downright weird and I never got them, like JoeTheBro, he's a true mystery to me).

I think I'll leave this thread alone now, I've derailed it enough and the user in question seems entirely uninterested in carrying on the conversation as well.

Mummelmann said:

Sorry for being a busybody but I strongly recomend you to watch this.

Around the Network
tbone51 said:

Really? Cmon we dont even have any info at all. No price, no release information, nada. There are bad dlc and good ones. Thiswe dont know at all.

FE:A= Overpriced 

MK8= Extremely well

NSLU= Extremely well

SSBU/3DS= Ok Priced (look at other fighters)

See? XCX..... Cant comment at all

That's what I'm talking about. You thought that Playstation All Stars DLC of 2 characters and 1 stage for 10$ was very overpriced. Now your stance changed. Why is that?

I'm down with that. The game will still be some 300+ hours long, so the payed DLC will be worth it.

Talal said:
tbone51 said:

Really? Cmon we dont even have any info at all. No price, no release information, nada. There are bad dlc and good ones. Thiswe dont know at all.

FE:A= Overpriced 

MK8= Extremely well

NSLU= Extremely well

SSBU/3DS= Ok Priced (look at other fighters)

See? XCX..... Cant comment at all

That's what I'm talking about. You thought that Playstation All Stars DLC of 2 characters and 1 stage for 10$ was very overpriced. Now your stance changed. Why is that?

It was a couple things actually, for the price it wasnt bad but the OG roster was 20 characters (remember many thinking that was too small) and it was released close to the release date of PSASBR which made it seem like it was held back as paid dlc. I didnt know there was a bonus however with the 1st back being free for early purchasers.

Also i admit i didn't at the time realize kno that about $5 was the normal price for playable characters in fighters (each).

That said, i said SSB is "ok priced". Meaning its not good, but its not bad. Besides technically SSB Character DLC is $4 with it being $5 for 2 games.

edit: Not trying to make excuses, i messed up without doing research on fighting games dlc. Seems like $5-$10 per character is the norm. But in SSB defense, the characters were made well after the release of the game (Sept release when SSB dropped, dlc in Apr. 7 months later)

The Witcher 3 paid DLC announcement couldn't have been more deliciously timed to make a mockery of this discussion. Truly hilarious.

But on topic, I have no problem with paid DLC like this. I actually enjoy paid DLC as long as the original game is worth its price. I wouldn't mind paying for Mass Effect missions, for example. Xenoblade certainly will meet the initial value requirement. I expect to put 100+ hours into the game upon release. I would have paid $100 for the original. Especially if extra content comes out next year when I'm not burnt out from the game I will gladly buy it. It's going to be a long wait for Xenoblade XI.