By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why aren't more games being made for the 3DS?

Materia-Blade said:
ryuzaki57 said:

1. Install base hardly matters if people don't buy the games. Most publishers are making PS games because they know the audience is more inclined to spend money on their games.

2. That means like... you know, if I sell a product for 7000 yens, I'm richer than if I sell it for 5000.

3. I was talking processing power and capabilities of course

Besides, my article is not biaised. It's an absolutely objective analysis leading to the conclusion that 3rd parties will increasingly develop for PS platforms and withdraw from Nintendo platforms. Thing that is happening right now, hence this thread. 

The ps audience isn't any more inclined to buy games than nintendo's. they can price their game however they want, but the reason 3ds games are generally cheaper is because they cost less to develop. Hardware proved to be a non factor time and time again. 

You have numbers available to you here that show PS platforms generally have a slightly higher tie ratio and Famitsu digital charts show PS platforms have a higher digital/physical ratio as well. :-/

Devil's advocate is fun.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
outlawauron said:
Materia-Blade said:

The ps audience isn't any more inclined to buy games than nintendo's. they can price their game however they want, but the reason 3ds games are generally cheaper is because they cost less to develop. Hardware proved to be a non factor time and time again. 

You have numbers available to you here that show PS platforms generally have a slightly higher tie ratio and Famitsu digital charts show PS platforms have a higher digital/physical ratio as well. :-/

Devil's advocate is fun.

What kind of attach ratio are you talking about? If it's number of consoles/ number of games sold, then Nintendo wins. That's because it's easy for PS to sell more games when it gets more games released, meaning nintendo is getting equal to or more sales per game.

tbone51 said:
bouzane said:

Go ahead, the best selling third party 3DS game is Monster Hunter 4 with a mere 3.4 million retail sales. The 3DS isn't an attractive platform to these developers because the audience simply isn't there.

We are talking HHs though righ? Its not in the same league as HC bro. Look up all HH SW sales for comparison^

The 3DS's third party software sales are underwhelming to put it mildly and nothing can change that fact. It doesn't matter how badly the Vita is failing, the 3DS isn't anywhere near as successful as the DS or even the original PSP. It's not a simple binary choice for developers as they can, and in many cases have already, abandon the handheld market in favor of smartphone, console and PC game development.