By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344

Yeah. In fact, I think it will hit over 2 million lifetime. The game has everything on it's favour to become the next big Nintendo IP.

Around the Network

Not as if Wii U owners have had anything else to buy lately, so I don't see it being too much of a problem so long as Nintendo market it properly.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Well, they are handling it as their big spring game, and are making an amiibo line for the game, so with some marketing I think it can easily hit that mark.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I'm going 'No' mainly because I have my doubts that Nintendo can properly advertise the game so that it reaches its maximum amount of potential impact.

They no doubt SHOULD but given what I've seen of how they promote other new IP or less known franchises its hard to imagine them actually doing what is necessary. I look at Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and ask myself could Nintendo have done more.

Everytime the answer is yes.

NoirSon said:
I'm going 'No' mainly because I have my doubts that Nintendo can properly advertise the game so that it reaches its maximum amount of potential impact.

They no doubt SHOULD but given what I've seen of how they promote other new IP or less known franchises its hard to imagine them actually doing what is necessary. I look at Wonderful 101, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Kirby and the Rainbow Curse and ask myself could Nintendo have done more.

Everytime the answer is yes.

That's the only point I disagree with; Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was not what I would classify as "marketable" :P

Around the Network

It may eventually, but in 2 years, no. It`s a new game that will have a niche group on a niche console. The shooter base won`t even touch this, and Wii U fans may not care much for this. It`ll be lucky to reach 500 k.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
It may eventually, but in 2 years, no. It`s a new game that will have a niche group on a niche console. The shooter base won`t even touch this, and Wii U fans may not care much for this. It`ll be lucky to reach 500 k.

In 2 years? Wanna bet?

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Skullwaker said:
Cloudman said:

In 2 years? Wanna bet?

Ah snap, calling me out on that, I like that. I don`t think I will, sorry... I don`t want to lose avi or sig for a month.

It`ll def pass 500 k in 2 years. I think it`ll remain low sales for a good while though. I don`t see it doing so well. As for it reaching a mil, seems like a long shot.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Cloudman said:
Skullwaker said:

In 2 years? Wanna bet?

Ah snap, calling me out on that, I like that. I don`t think I will, sorry... I don`t want to lose avi or sig for a month.

It`ll def pass 500 k in 2 years. I think it`ll remain low sales for a good while though. I don`t see it doing so well. As for it reaching a mil, seems like a long shot.

How about a compromise; 500k in 1 year, would the two of you bet on that? :p

curl-6 said:
How about a compromise; 500k in 1 year, would the two of you bet on that? :p

For sure. 

Also, we don't have to do the whole avi/sig thing. I don't really care about that, lol.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread