By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Do you think Splatoon will cross the million sold mark?

Tagged games:

?

Yes 233 67.73%

No 111 32.27%

Total:344
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

Ah snap, calling me out on that, I like that. I don`t think I will, sorry... I don`t want to lose avi or sig for a month.

It`ll def pass 500 k in 2 years. I think it`ll remain low sales for a good while though. I don`t see it doing so well. As for it reaching a mil, seems like a long shot.

How about a compromise; 500k in 1 year, would the two of you bet on that? :p

What, you too curl??? Naw man, I`ll back out of that one. After looking back on sales for the Wii U, I think I have to reconsider what I said. I don`t think that`s a safe bet to make. You just like to see a bet go on, doncha? ; )

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:

Ah snap, calling me out on that, I like that. I don`t think I will, sorry... I don`t want to lose avi or sig for a month.

It`ll def pass 500 k in 2 years. I think it`ll remain low sales for a good while though. I don`t see it doing so well. As for it reaching a mil, seems like a long shot.

What, you too curl??? Naw man, I`ll back out of that one. After looking back on sales for the Wii U, I think I have to reconsider what I said. I don`t think that`s a safe bet to make. You just like to see a bet go on, doncha? ; )

I like to live vicariously. ;)

Cloudman said:
It may eventually, but in 2 years, no. It`s a new game that will have a niche group on a niche console. The shooter base won`t even touch this, and Wii U fans may not care much for this. It`ll be lucky to reach 500 k.

I think you guys are seriously being way too pessimistic. Splatoon has hype, legit hype! If the reviews are good as well I can see it doing 500k FW launches aligned because I know a lot of people who are interested in it.

Follow my Gaming and Graphics Business on facebook and on Twitter:

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=101878997952596&ref=br_rs

https://twitter.com/KellyGGWD

curl-6 said:
Cloudman said:
curl-6 said:

I like to live vicariously. ;)

>: ) I know you do as seeing from your sig, but you`re smart about it. I gotta be too, and this seems like a bet I`d lose.

I think you guys are seriously being way too pessimistic. Splatoon has hype, legit hype! If the reviews are good as well I can see it doing 500k FW launches aligned because I know a lot of people who are interested in it.

Yeah, in this gen on Ninten`s side, I can`t help but be a little pessimistic seeing how the Wii U is doing and the sudden drop of support for games for the 3DS. But I want the series to sell really well (if it`s good at least). Seeing it sell poor would only break my heart. I am be hard on it, but I will buy it and want it to succeed.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

1-2 millions? Seriously? It will be great if game can reach 300-400k.

Around the Network

Oh some people here are too pesimistic.

Splatoon is going to surprise you.

curl-6 said:
hsrob said:
 Stellar reviews will help as well.

Call me a pessimist, but I'm a bit concerned about reviews. I can see it losing a lot of points for no voice chat, the number of maps/modes, and local multiplayer only being 1v1. I'm expecting a Metacritic in the high 70s.

Lol No

That´s not going to happen. I think Metacritic will be around 85.

The game has 5 modes, that´s good enough and voice chat is not going to be so important on the scores. They are going to give it points for being very innovative, perfect controls, easy accessibility for all kind of players, balance between casual and hardcore, great artstyle and music, tons of customizations and probably a fantastic single-campaign.

I'd be exceedingly surprised if it doesn't go well past 1 million... It would require some absolutely terrible reviews and word of mouth.

I don't think it's a system seller but it seems many (if not most) people who see it want to give it a try.

Between the hype and lack of other major releases lately it should hit 1 million rather quickly.

It depends on how nintendo bundles the game, if its a standalone disc/digital it may get 1million in a years time i think but if bundled with wiius or given in special holiday promotions then we could see it even selling beyond 1 million this year alone

hard to say with new IP

if there is a lot in the game and they market it correctly then it has a chance. It will be interesting to see

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(