By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon Japan Sales and General Discussion Thread: Semi-Daily Updates!

Right Now:

12 - Wii U Splatoon Bundle
19 - Wii U Mario Maker Bundle
33 - Wii U Standard

Things are going to be interesting next week...

Around the Network

Splatoon bundle is sold out on amazon Japan. Both of them. Just crazy how well this game is selling.

As a result, Super Mario Maker Bundle jumps ahead to #13, and the White Wii U is also close to enter the top 20

Fallout 4 doesn't seem to do much for PS4 sales despite doing pretty well on COMG. In fact, the game never managed to get past SMM, with Splatoon following it like a Shadow. It did more for the Xbox ONE, where both the game and a bundle entered the top 100 yesterday. The best PS4 bundle on amazon Japan currently s the white console, and it's just on the spot before the white Wii U on spots #22 and #23 respectively, while the black console still seems to be sold out.

Do you think Wii u this week will beat it's equivalent week from 2013?

OneKartVita said:

Wii U made over 109k that week in 2013 (bestselling post-launch week btw), I highly doubt it can reach those levels. And having the Splatoon bundles sold out on Amazon (and probably not just there) will hurt it's sales.

I predict 60-70k for the week. Which still is about the double from what it achieved last year.

Bofferbrauer said:
OneKartVita said:

Wii U made over 109k that week in 2013 (bestselling post-launch week btw), I highly doubt it can reach those levels. And having the Splatoon bundles sold out on Amazon (and probably not just there) will hurt it's sales.

I predict 60-70k for the week. Which still is about the double from what it achieved last year.

I thought that was the week after?  The equivalent number to next Wednesday's numbers in 2013 was 70k~ I believe.  It's the next week that it went over 100k. Not sure but I'm fairly certain 

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
Bofferbrauer said:

I thought that was the week after?  The equivalent number to next Wednesday's numbers in 2013 was 70k~ I believe.  It's the next week that it went over 100k. Not sure but I'm fairly certain 

Nope, that was last week: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203794&page=1#

His 52nd week ends on December 27th though, so maybe that's where your confusion stems from. This year is basically a 53 week year.

Bofferbrauer said:
OneKartVita said:

Nope, that was last week: http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=203794&page=1#

His 52nd week ends on December 27th though, so maybe that's where your confusion stems from. This year is basically a 53 week year.

WiiU 2013 Hardware Sales Christmas Season

(Nov 18 - Nov 24) - 21.002
(Nov 25 - Dec 1) - 28.518
(Dec 2 - Dec 8) - 48.762
(Dec 9 - Dec 15) - 74.903
(Dec 16 - Dec 22) - 109.113

WiiU 2015 Hardware Sales Christmas Season

(Nov 23 - Nov 29) - 20.256
(Nov 30 - Dec 6) - 32.604
(Dec 7 - Dec 13) - 47.890
(Dec 14 - Dec 20) - ???
(Dec 21 - Dec 27) - ???

No it pretty much matched 2013 numbers last week and next week it needs to do 75k.  It's the week after that which was 109k. It has a chance at least. 

Bofferbrauer said:
OneKartVita said:

Biggest week of the year was week 51 in 2013, but in year 2015 week 52 will be the biggest. 

The reason is because this time week 52 has the biggest sales days of the year (21sy, 22nd, 23rd and 24th), after the 25th sales slow down a lot. In 2013 week 52 only had two strong days (23rd and 24th) so it declined from week 51 overall.

Media Create Annual Archive (Spanish version)

http://zonaforo.meristation.com/topic/2246651/

After the Splatoon bundle sold out, the Super Mario Maker bundle is at #17 and the standard Wii U is at #19.

That's going to be a very interesting week.

So, Ginei Ibunroku #FE Fortissimo Edition finally entered the Amazon top 100 3 days ago, and now also the standard version. Funnily, they're exactly at #50 and #100 respectively.

Apart from this game, Wii U was generally going down these last days, especially the SMM bundle. On the other hand, Fallout 4 and PS4 went up and up throughout those days and certainly outsell Wii U on Amazon Japan these last couple days. The only constant was Munsterr Hunter X, which didn't faze and stood on the number one spot through the whole time.