By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - IF the Wii U Zelda goes multiplat with NX, here's the problem(s)

Tagged games:

And 99% of them would still buy the NX version day one, voiding all of that.

Around the Network

There is no way that nintendo will intentionally gimp zelda on wii u, They (the developers) have spent 5 years of their life on this project and poured alot of emotion and energy into the game it is their "baby". Sure the wii u version would be inferior but that's because the NX will be far more powerful but the wii u version will still be the best game that can be delivered within wii u's capabilities just like how Twilight princess is the best it could've been on gamecubes hardware back in 2006. Aonuma and Miyamoto are passionate about their craft and would probably sooner jump in front of a train than deliberately sabotage their own game.

1. Was Twilight Princess on Gamecube purposely gimped? No, so ur just being paranoid

2. They have no reason to feel cheated, the game will still be on Wii U so they have literally no reason to feal this way.

3. Same as number 2, the game will still release on Wii U just as promised, having it release on another device as well doesn't somehow take away it's value.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Platina said:
Thank you curl!

This is why it doesn't make sense for Zelda U to be multiplat. I still think that the NX is a handheld though

The next Nintendo handheld could very well be as powerful, maybe if more powerful than the Wii U. 

So that shouldn't disqualify it from having Zelda. 

Presuming the game on Wii U plays in Off-TV mode, that should allow it to scale gameplay wise to a handheld very easily. 

Soundwave said:
Platina said:
Thank you curl!

This is why it doesn't make sense for Zelda U to be multiplat. I still think that the NX is a handheld though

The next Nintendo handheld could very well be as powerful, maybe if more powerful than the Wii U. 

This I very much doubt, I expect it to be closer to the Vita in power.

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
Platina said:
Thank you curl!

Vita is freaking ancient tech. It's the same chip as a third gen iPad from March 2012. There's nothing magical about it. 

An iPhone 5s runs circles around a Vita chip and that is dated itself. 

The next Nintendo handheld will be more powerful than some people think IMO. It will be unified platform so for the first time a Nintendo handheld will have to be able to run all the the "big" Nintendo games, not just the "little brother" versions of them. 

Wii U ports will definitely be on the table IMO. Besides Nintendo will need a higher end experience on their traditional handhelds going forward to justify why people should buy a Nintendo handheld in an age where Nintendo IP will be on the iPhone/Android for kids/casuals. Their handhelds likely have to go more upmarket in this scenario. 

Next handheld is part of new NX line which will be a new hardware philosophy from Nintendo, the DS/3DS line ends with the New 3DS IMO. 

Soundwave said:
curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:
Platina said:
Thank you curl!

Vita is freaking ancient tech.

So was the 3DS when it came out, Wii when it came out, and Wii U when it came out. I find it hard to believe Nintendo will ever again be hardware competitive, it just isn't how they operate, it hasn't been for over a decade.

curl-6 said:
Soundwave said:

Vita is freaking ancient tech.

So was the 3DS when it came out, Wii when it came out, and Wii U when it came out. I find it hard to believe Nintendo will ever again be hardware competitive, it just isn't how they operate, it hasn't been for over a decade.

3DS wasn't designed to be a unified platform though, I think NX is exactly that. You can't have monstrous gaps between your console/handheld hardware if you want a unified platform. 

3DS also has a very expensive 3D screen, something likely Nintendo will drop next time out. Dump that and you suddenly have a lot of money in your budget for a very powerful chip. 

And the 3DS for a chip that was intended for a 2010 launch, isn't that terrible of a GPU actually. It's not the best they could've used but it's far from the worst. 

They got you thinking NX will be soon and Zelda U will be possibly cross plat? I'm doubting it's going to be, unless they need more than a year to make the game. That'd also imply the tablet is still around, since the game will use it, and that thing's not very popular. I figure they will drop it. I don't see Zelda being multi plat.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Soundwave said:
curl-6 said:

3DS wasn't designed to be a unified platform though, I think NX is exactly that. 

3DS also has a very expensive 3D screen, something likely Nintendo will drop next time out. Dump that and you suddenly have a lot of money in your budget for a very powerful chip. 

And the 3DS for a chip that was intended for a 2010 launch, isn't that terrible of a GPU actually. It's not the best they could've used but it's far from the worse. 

So you expct NX to be a unified handheld counterpart to Wii U?