By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think SMT x FE will be a lighter version of Persona 5

spemanig said:
b00moscone said:

How so? I don't see the Persona IP being bad, and remember what I said, a lighter game is not equal to a bad game.

But it does equal a game that does not reflect what they advertized, which was a cross over between main series SMT game crossed over with Fire Emblem. Don't be annoyed when people are upset that Atlus said one thing, did something else, and then got criticized for it. The revealed game could have been a Zelda clone. "Why should people be pissed? Zelda's a great game. The devs even said that they didn't reveal much FE bits yet." If the initial teaser from two years ago had even one Persona character in it, and the teaser image showed tokyo in the bright daylight, and the music that accompanied it was some bubbly jpop song instead of the ominous, clearly SMT-esc, tune, no one would be upset right now.

But the thing with your example is that Zelda and FE are two different genres, SMT, FE and Persona are all RPGs, so a connection can be made between the three games. Plus, I think its way to early to say that they didn't deliver on their promise. Even now you can pick up stuff from SMT and FE, for example, the fact that the devs said themselves that there will be a fantasy world where the Fire Emblem characters will be, and the enemies represent SMT enemies, so I don't see hwo they're nto on their way on delivering their promise.

i've already said this, but Atlus isn't dumb enough to make a game called SMT x FE, and have it not be anything do to with them, because it wouldn't be SMT x FE then.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network

I'm definitely getting it. When it's suppose to come out again?

PieToast said:
b00moscone said:

So, are you saying its Nintendo's fault for not giving out specifics on a game that was in very early development, and as a result letting people speculate things by their own accord? I think people should've expected something slightly different as Atlus is working on it, who obviously didn't work on FE, and would change the game by what they thought was right and what their strengths are as a Japanese company.

But I think people should know that the game will still be FE and SMT-inspired,  otherwise it wouldn't be SMT x FE.

Sort of. I don't think a lot of people were disappointed, but the ones who were maybe didn't even know who was making the game. I would't call the early announcement a mistake because the game is not out yet and people will probably warm up to it with time.

Edit: @bolded that's actually a good point.

I think it would have been difficult to have not known who was developing for it, since the announcment trailer sated the Atlus logo, and SMT is made by Atlus, so you'd have to have been pretty thick to not know that, and I do hope people will warm up to it and realize the points I have made :)

Mystro-Sama said:
I'm definitely getting it. When it's suppose to come out again?

its suppose to be out in Japan by the end of the year so maybe within the first half of 2016 for us.

spemanig said:
b00moscone said:

How so? I don't see the Persona IP being bad, and remember what I said, a lighter game is not equal to a bad game.

But it does equal a game that does not reflect what they advertized, which was a cross over between main series SMT game crossed over with Fire Emblem. Don't be annoyed when people are upset that Atlus said one thing, did something else, and then got criticized for it. The revealed game could have been a Zelda clone. "Why should people be pissed? Zelda's a great game. The devs even said that they didn't reveal much FE bits yet." If the initial teaser from two years ago had even one Persona character in it, and the teaser image showed tokyo in the bright daylight, and the music that accompanied it was some bubbly jpop song instead of the ominous, clearly SMT-esc, tune, no one would be upset right now.

When they first announced it, they said SMT x FE. THAT IS IT.

They didn't say if it was JUST ELEMENTS from those games or not. They didn't say what type of game. They didn't specify anything.

The image that was shown at the end of the first trailer was of a city from a distance. THAT IS IT.

They didn't show what was going on in the city.

They told us there was going to be a crossover, and they did do it. Just because it isn't what YOU imagined, does not mean they didn't do it.

Enough of your BS already.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Around the Network
b00moscone said:

But the thing with your example is that Zelda and FE are two different genres, SMT, FE and Persona are all RPGs, so a connection can be made between the three games. Plus, I think its way to early to say that they didn't deliver on their promise. Even now you can pick up stuff from SMT and FE, for example, the fact that the devs said themselves that there will be a fantasy world where the Fire Emblem characters will be, and the enemies represent SMT enemies, so I don't see hwo they're nto on their way on delivering their promise.

i've already said this, but Atlus isn't dumb enough to make a game called SMT x FE, and have it not be anything do to with them, because it wouldn't be SMT x FE then.

Quite, but I think they just might be dumb enought to use the bare bones of elements from both as an excuse to do something that is entirely different from the two otherwise, when that's not what they promised people. They didn't promise anyone a light version of Persona 5; they promised a SMT x FE game, and explicitely showed an image that implied a very specific tone - one that reaffirmed the idea that the game they were making was not a lighter version of Persona with JPop.

And Zelda was just an example. Replace that with Final Fantasy, and it would mean the same thing.

deskpro2k3 said:

Saw the trailer. Nothing about it looks M rated to me. Wait, I guess the partially nude scenes and transformation makes it M rated.

I think they meant well written characters and a story with dark twists. A lot of animes and upbeat games establish a lighthearted world and/or characters before the twisted reality comes in. The bipolar and contrasting nature of that world makes those events more unsettling and more relatable.

Fixed.

.- -... -.-. -..

spemanig said:
b00moscone said:

Quite, but I think they just might be dumb enought to use the bare bones of elements from both as an excuse to do something that is entirely different from the two otherwise, when that's not what they promised people. They didn't promise anyone a light version of Persona 5; they promised a SMT x FE game, and explicitely showed an image that implied a very specific tone - one that reaffirmed the idea that the game they were making was not a lighter version of Persona with JPop.

And Zelda was just an example. Replace that with Final Fantasy, and it would mean the same thing.

They didn't promise anything other than there would be a game that involved SMT and FE in some way, shape or form. Nothing more, nothing less. Stop.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

spemanig said:
b00moscone said:

They didn't really promise anyone anything, except for the fact that the title will be "SMT x FE", that's literally all that happened. But they have now promised that a WHOLE WORLD in the game will be dedicated to the FE setting, and I don't see that as a bare bone element, plus, we haven't even seen much of the game, that could've been the opening chapter for all we know. The rest of the game might be just what fans wanted, but we don't know.

The only thing we know is that the game is called SMT x FE, and that the game will be healily inspired by those games, but will not neccesarily be those games.

thatguymarco said:
b00moscone said:

Your point is?

Why have a "lighter version of P5" when you could have P5, and other, more unique game?

Because of how the game has came to be a lighter version od Persona.