By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Why I think SMT x FE will be a lighter version of Persona 5

PieToast said:

A crossover of two established franchises that was announced but showed nothing for two years and let ones imagination run wild. I think some people were disappointed because they had a lot preconceptions about the game. Basically, they were free in that long period of time to make up something of their own choosing with the already existing mechanics of their preferred game.

I undertand where that flock of people are coming from, where some of the stuff did look a bit borrowed from the main games, but I think they should have expected that a little bit seeing as its gonna be based off of those games, plus If they did soemthing different with the game mechanics, not only would it come off as a completely different game, but people would get as angry as the fact that a part of the game is based in modern Japan

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

Around the Network
Paatar said:
Platina said:
This game could end up great or pretty terrible depending on what they do.... hopefully it'll be great

Atlus + Intellegent systems. Remember that.

I have full faith in this project.

No doubt that they are both great companies, but collaborations don't always end up well...

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Platina said:
Paatar said:
Platina said:
This game could end up great or pretty terrible depending on what they do.... hopefully it'll be great

Atlus + Intellegent systems. Remember that.

I have full faith in this project.

No doubt that they are both great companies, but collaborations don't always end up well...

Just because the majority don't doesn't mean this one won't.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Tagged because I support "wall of text" like this. Will read in a bit.

Paatar said:
Platina said:

I actually find that most collaborations tend to do well, in fact.

Just being cautious to not overhype myself, resulting in major dissapointment

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
Platina said:
Paatar said:

I actually find that most collaborations tend to do well, in fact.

Just being cautious to not overhype myself, resulting in major dissapointment

I don't think this is a game that you can overhype and be dissapointed in. Maybe a bit upset, but I bet it will deliver.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

b00moscone said:
PieToast said:

A crossover of two established franchises that was announced but showed nothing for two years and let ones imagination run wild. I think some people were disappointed because they had a lot preconceptions about the game. Basically, they were free in that long period of time to make up something of their own choosing with the already existing mechanics of their preferred game.

I undertand where that flock of people are coming from, where some of the stuff did look a bit borrowed from the main games, but I think they should have expected that a little bit seeing as its gonna be based off of those games, plus If they did soemthing different with the game mechanics, not only would it come off as a completely different game, but people would get as angry as the fact that a part of the game is based in modern Japan

"I'm fascinated by the fascination" or in this case by the collective disappointment and not for it's specifics. I could say that I would have made the gap between the announcement and reveal smaller (because you need to make people interested before the grand reveal) but I honestly wouldn't have come to the same conclusion I stated in my first post before something like this already happened.   

.- -... -.-. -..

PieToast said:
b00moscone said:

"I'm fascinated by the fascination" or in this case by the collective disappointment and not for it's specifics. I could say that I would have made the gap between announced and reveal smaller (because you need to make people interested before the grand reveal) but I honestly wouldn't have come to the same conclusion I stated in my first post before something like this already happened.   

So, are you saying its Nintendo's fault for not giving out specifics on a game that was in very early development, and as a result letting people speculate things by their own accord? I think people should've expected something slightly different as Atlus is working on it, who obviously didn't work on FE, and would change the game by what they thought was right and what their strengths are as a Japanese company.

But I think people should know that the game will still be FE and SMT-inspired,  otherwise it wouldn't be SMT x FE.

NNID: b00moscone

Switch ID: SW-5475-6755-1986

3DS friend-Code: 4613-6380-5406

PSN: b00mosconi

I'm looking forward to it, and that's all that matters to me.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

"SMT x FE will be a lighter version of Persona 5." That's the problem.