By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sequenced levels confirmed for Mario Maker?

t3mporary_126 said:
super_etecoon said:

To me connected would mean that you could go from one level to the next...seamlessly (or at least apparently seamlessly).  Take for instance going down a pipe and emerging in another "connected" level.  This is what I want.  It would allow you to creative massive levels.

Sequenced is just like what you would find in a regular Super Mario Bros game.  After World 1-1 the screen goes to black and you end up in world 1-2. But you can't make the game send you to World 1-3 or 1-4, etc.  

I see. I guess I'll edit the thread title then! And connected levels sounds like fun. Hopefully they think about including that as well! I'm just glad that it looks like sequenced levels are a thing since most free mario maker application has this feature.

Cool...honestly didn't realize I was responding to the OP, and didn't know you'd change it.  I'm glad you did, though...because I got genuinely excited by your thread title, and was slightly let down by the video.  It's still a cool feature of course...just not what I've been hoping they would do.  In all reality, why I really want them to be interconnected is so I can make a MetroidVania out of the Mario universe.  I think Nintendo is missing out on an opportunity within this IP to really do something cool.  Just imagine if once you collect the Fire Flower that you always have it.  Likewise for a double jump, etc.  Having a Mario taht could switch between Fire Flower, Ice Flower, Racoon Suit, etc, at will...would be amazing.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
t3mporary_126 said:

I see. I guess I'll edit the thread title then! And connected levels sounds like fun. Hopefully they think about including that as well! I'm just glad that it looks like sequenced levels are a thing since most free mario maker application has this feature.

Cool...honestly didn't realize I was responding to the OP, and didn't know you'd change it.  I'm glad you did, though...because I got genuinely excited by your thread title, and was slightly let down by the video.  It's still a cool feature of course...just not what I've been hoping they would do.  In all reality, why I really want them to be interconnected is so I can make a MetroidVania out of the Mario universe.  I think Nintendo is missing out on an opportunity within this IP to really do something cool.  Just imagine if once you collect the Fire Flower that you always have it.  Likewise for a double jump, etc.  Having a Mario taht could switch between Fire Flower, Ice Flower, Racoon Suit, etc, at will...would be amazing.

"interconect" levels.. could happen.. Some pipes in super mariobros.. do send you to other levels/worlds.. and this game looks like it will have everything ever in a 2d mario game.. from "stage design". bosses, undergrounds. overworlds.. enemys.. and we have seen pipe warp also..

It will add a lot (also some problems) to the game mechanic.. "level warp" ..is still to be seen.. but likely to be included (in some form)

Don't think you have seen it all yet.. :)

FromDK said:
super_etecoon said:
t3mporary_126 said:

"interconect" levels.. could happen.. Some pipes in super mariobros.. do send you to other levels/worlds.. and this game looks like it will have everything ever in a 2d mario game.. from "stage design". bosses, undergrounds. overworlds.. enemys.. and we have seen pipe warp also..

It will add a lot (also some problems) to the game mechanic.. "level warp" ..is still to be seen.. but likely to be included (in some form)

You're absolutely right.  Hence, why I was excited at the original title of this thread.  However, that video definitely doesn't "confirm" this yet.  My fingers are crossed.  The key for the warps to make sense, btw...would be to allow you to warp from one pipe in the middle of a specific level and end up emerging from another pipe in the middle of another level, as opposed to simply starting that level from the beginning.

So bought. Wish it was coming this summer though :(

super_etecoon said:
FromDK said:
super_etecoon said:
t3mporary_126 said:

You're absolutely right.  Hence, why I was excited at the original title of this thread.  However, that video definitely doesn't "confirm" this yet.  My fingers are crossed.  The key for the warps to make sense, btw...would be to allow you to warp from one pipe in the middle of a specific level and end up emerging from another pipe in the middle of another level, as opposed to simply starting that level from the beginning.

Yes.. I can see it :).. Would open up insane complex labyrinth and puzle mechanic.. in worlds that could be very big.. (even without an ending:)

I don't think we will see "unlimited level warp" between levels.. (and that way.. Level=world)  but some form could make sense..

things like bosses. warp. under/over world.. will have some kind of max/rules.. becourse of keeping the games (we share) feel "right"

(That would mean that we have some kind of "specials" and things we unlock to choose from.. and a "Jump to other stage pipe" are in the orginal game)

I would't be suprised if there is more "modes" for online sharing..  "World" "level" makes sense.. and a creative/free mode also

Around the Network

That's the one thing left I wanted for this game

This is a hopeless and outrageous wish but I kinda wish Nintendo would team up with Valve and allow Mario Maker x Portal. There's a free Mario Maker app that does such a thing called Mari0 (get it!...) and you can use the portal gun to manipulate the levels. 

I actually used to upload videos of my levels. Here's one of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6N22jFpKi6M

Honestly this is Nintendo saying we are done making 2D Mario games... because why would I need a new one if I had this game?? Cant wait to see what the community can come up with

The last 2D Mario game I'll ever buy right here!

ktay95 said:
Honestly this is Nintendo saying we are done making 2D Mario games... because why would I need a new one if I had this game?? Cant wait to see what the community can come up with

I agree. Unless they can somehow come up with something to revolutionize 2d Mario, this should be it or at least for a long time.

Would be fun if consistently for the next couple years we got actual Nintendo devs creating levels with it.