By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - IS the Europe price cut bigger than first thought? Starts today?

This friday? In Sweden the new price is already in effect.

Around the Network

I guess its silly to speculate on how Sony might respond. What happens too 360 sales in the next two weeks means nothing. What matters is if they SETTLE higher. If they don't settle much higher, there isn't a need for Sony to do anything really.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

starcraft said:
I guess its silly to speculate on how Sony might respond. What happens too 360 sales in the next two weeks means nothing. What matters is if they SETTLE higher. If they don't settle much higher, there isn't a need for Sony to do anything really.

I find it hard to believe that this price cut won't have a strong effect... So far, the only price cuts which didn't have a significant lasting effect were PS3's and 360's in Japan, as far as I remember.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Check out Amazon. On the premium 360 they have RRP £199.99, Our price £249.99! They've screwed up on the other SKUs too.

200 RRP, our price 250?

Haha, that's great. Someone sue them already :P

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

I was starting to think MS didn't have any fight left for Europe. Although I may be speaking too soon.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Dianko said:
I wonder, with GTA4, do any of you think that the $50 million MS paid Take 2 included exclusive advertising rights?

Rights most likley not, but Take 2 will be pleased by MS campain. It will be big (greater than halo, ms said)

As is said M$ has JUST PUSHED SONY to drop the Ps3 price sometime this year...

This will be worse news for 360 if at xmas little johnny wants PS + GTA as he has always had & PS3 price then = 360 price...

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
As is said M$ has JUST PUSHED SONY to drop the Ps3 price sometime this year...

This will be worse news for 360 if at xmas little johnny wants PS + GTA as he has always had & PS3 price then = 360 price...

Very true except for the fact that little Johnny may be in the know and by then the extra content would be released. Right now that content may not mean much but once it's revealed it may have a bigger effect on the sales. Think about it, the kids usually know exactly what they want, but the parents screw it up. Plus if PS3 isn't as low as 360 most frugal parents will say "Hey it's the same thing" and get the cheaper console.

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

I can't say I am the least bit shocked at this. MS rolled out just one price cut in Europe and milked it for what it was worth. They've made mad loot off the PAL crowd. Now, the fun begins. This move by MS will prove if folks in Others will keep purchasing PS3s or turn to MS. I am not calling the shot, but the numbers will tell the story.