By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo news spread like s#!t thrown at the fan

Here's the thing, if I kept listening to all the "negative" comments about Nintendo when they started showing up, I would have lost it. But the truth is, Nintendo is doing fine no matter how negative the internet may seem. A couple of losses in a bajillion years and they flip shit. Like, come on. Nintendo will be here for a while and I'm sure they're doing fine. No, Wii U is no PS4 but PS VIta is definitely no 3DS either. Everyone has their ups and downs, it's how the market is. You know what they say, if people keep talking about you, you have to be popular.

Around the Network
SpokenTruth said:
oniyide said:

examples, cause everything the OP mentioned has some base in reality

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=200464

I will admit that thread is a bit over the top, BUT he could be right. Let me also mention that that is coming from a Ninty fan which ironically is where a lot of these threads are coming from Ninty fans. So maybe it has to start with them. 

If you are truly enjoying your systems then i wouldnt let the negativity bother you...unless you arent then well...

I'm mostly blaming the batshit crazy, unreasonable Nintendo fans and the other randoms who have no idea what they're talking about yet attempt to point fingers.

Not like this is exclusive to Nintendo, though. I'd say they had a fairly good year in terms of press in 2014 in relation to other companies. Even this year they've made (positive) headlines with the New 3DS launch and various games. It's just that negative news gets people more clicks, so websites will generally give that more attention. For any company.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Its a sign of the times. A goldfish has a longer attention span than a human now. This means that humans act more like dogs now in that every moment in front of their face is the most important/most devastating events in their lives and human history. This means that the instant Nintendoom news comes up it means that Nintendo is over and they should quit consoles.

The sad part about this is that you sprinkle in the basic console war business along with it and you got a recipe for some of the most panic filled, rage filled rants you'll see. If Nintendo listened to the internet they would have went out of business long ago. They probably wouldn't have even made a console and revived the gaming industry we all love today.

Around the Network
oniyide said:
If you are truly enjoying your systems then i wouldnt let the negativity bother you...unless you arent then well...

It´s the opposite, I love the WiiU so much, I love its games and I´m terribly excited for some games this year (Splatoon and XENOBLADE are my most wanted games so far, more than anything coming to my PC),  But then you go here and all is shitty negativity about Nintendo being the worst thing in the universe.... when you are loving their games, Nintendo has bring me Bayonetta 2, DK: Tropical Freeze, SuperMario3DWorld, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, Wonderfull 101, Smash Bros 4, etc, those are awesome games that I can´t find everywhere else, and now splatoon, xenoblade, star fox, devils third, mario maker, Yoshi Woolly World are coming, and I´m very happy with that. But I find too many people shitting on every Nintendo thread just because, you know, schadenfreude pleasures, and that gets some of us mad. As you would be mad if people were bashing your favorite game or console.

This is definitely not exclusive to Nintendo. In an area of interest such as gaming that spawns fandom every single one of these companies is fair game and you can see the hatred daily on the web. Not sure why anyone would think only one of the big three is the lone target.

binary solo said:
160rmf said:

What? I don't believe that either. I just saying that are ignorant people all over the world. "Nintendo will make mobile games", how many people will jump the gun and say that nintendo will drop support of dedicated consoles and go only mobile? Even when there's no bad news their selective vision will make them see something negative

Again, almost no one will say that. Almost no one has said that yet and there's been plenty of time since the NX / mobile announcement for the doom merchants to pile on to that topic.

You are now anticipating massive negativity before it even happens.  It's almost like you see Nintendo as a victim of irrational hate and so you demand that there be irrational hate in order to validate your belief.

No one in forums will say that. But what about the mainstream gamer that see that news in some non-dedicated site, read only the title and go to their friend: "hey, dude! Do u know that company that makes mario games? they will make mobile games!" "awesome! so i can play super mario bros on my tablet? That's cool i really missed this game..."

Real story: my cousin saw that news, shared and tagged me on facebook, then my uncle comment on the post: "yay! i can finally play mario bros on my phone!". the only thing that i could do is like the post

We reap what we sow

arachnid15 said:
This is definitely not exclusive to Nintendo. In an area of interest such as gaming that spawns fandom every single one of these companies is fair game and you can see the hatred daily on the web. Not sure why anyone would think only one of the big three is the lone target.

I never said that only nintendo suffer from that. But out of gaming forums the only news that go to the mainstream ears about nintendo are the bad ones or neutral and good news converted into bullshit by selective memory. 

Sony even with all the bad press during the last gen, the ps3 never lost any interest from mainstream gamers and i don't even need to say about sony loyal fans. now with ps4 (and x1 fiasco) sony won. simple as that

Microsoft can get all the hate every gen, but people will always buy xbox, because Cod fifa are there and microsoft can afford make great deals with their systems

We reap what we sow

oniyide said:

I am enjoying. It is just annoying people hitting on the same note on everything nintendo related. I am pretty aware about nintendo situation and i am tired of hearing a bunch of non sense ideas that what nintendo need to do to be relevant

We reap what we sow