By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Nintendo news spread like s#!t thrown at the fan

Ka-pi96 said:
Chazore said:

There's also plenty of PC doom going around this gen if anything, despite PC gaming not being a company or owned by one they get plenty of that going for them.

You think?

I thought last gen was where all the PC doom was and now it had pretty much gone away.

*looks at Chazore's sig gif*

Easy to see where his preferences, and sensitivities lie.

*nods head firmly*

User warned for this post -RavenXtra

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:
vivster said:
Yes. Nintendo is the only company on this planet that gets negative press and hyperbolic doom threads on the internet.

But that doesn't matter since they're also the No. 1 in victim mentality.

wow, talk about missing the point. the OP gives a clear message that nintendo's negative news are disproportionally spread when compared to other companies.

A point that is completely false and only proves my point.

Everyone thinks they are the most hated fanbase because they never stop to think or are on the other side to experience something else. Just count the people on PS and Xbox side who think they are unfairly and disproportionately targeted. Hell, just ask EA and Ubisoft fans.

Every company gets what they deserve. There is no secret general bias against Nintendo. They're just not as popular as other companies so the good news are rarer, which makes the bad news stick out more.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

160rmf said:
Let's see how many people believe that nintendo will discontinue the wii u next year leaving their fans with nothing and the repercussion of this news in real life

Pretty much no one does, you're just making things up now in order to try to beat the Nintendo hate drum on behalf of gamers who are not Nintendo fans. All indications are that Wii U will be replaced in 2017 or 2018.  I think 2017, unless 2016 proves to be a boon year for Wii U with Zelda and a substantial price cut. But I doubt it will happen that way.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Actually, these kinds of threads popping up all the time is what gives Nintendo fans a bad name across the internet.  There would be much less annoyance and laughter without the persecution complex and conspiracy theories.

binary solo said:
160rmf said:
Let's see how many people believe that nintendo will discontinue the wii u next year leaving their fans with nothing and the repercussion of this news in real life

Pretty much no one does, you're just making things up now in order to try to beat the Nintendo hate drum on behalf of gamers who are not Nintendo fans. All indications are that Wii U will be replaced in 2017 or 2018.  I think 2017, unless 2016 proves to be a boon year for Wii U with Zelda and a substantial price cut. But I doubt it will happen that way.

What? I don't believe that either. I just saying that are ignorant people all over the world. "Nintendo will make mobile games", how many people will jump the gun and say that nintendo will drop support of dedicated consoles and go only mobile? Even when there's no bad news their selective vision will make them see something negative

We reap what we sow

Around the Network

This is 100% true.

People easily forgive the shit of the others. Even if they are eating his consumers alive with their bussiness model.

But any little issue with Nintendo is the third world war. There´s so much ignorance and hate around.

It´s pathetic.

Ayubadab said:
Blame the "console war" mentality indoctrinated into peoples mind by Sega, Sony and partially Microsoft.
Now because of this some people think one company is their friend and every other company is the enemy that should die as soon as possible. So of course negative news will get covered more since more groups of people will click the clickbait articles.

Carve this answer in stone, its the only one the internet needs, because it is 100% the truth.

The Carnival of Shadows - Folk Punk from Asbury Park, New Jersey

http://www.thecarnivalofshadows.com 

160rmf said:
binary solo said:

What? I don't believe that either. I just saying that are ignorant people all over the world. "Nintendo will make mobile games", how many people will jump the gun and say that nintendo will drop support of dedicated consoles and go only mobile? Even when there's no bad news their selective vision will make them see something negative

Again, almost no one will say that. Almost no one has said that yet and there's been plenty of time since the NX / mobile announcement for the doom merchants to pile on to that topic.

You are now anticipating massive negativity before it even happens.  It's almost like you see Nintendo as a victim of irrational hate and so you demand that there be irrational hate in order to validate your belief.

Jimi Hendrix

we can sit here and cry and call foul all we want, but the criticsms do hold some weight. People arent just pulling them from thin air.

SpokenTruth said:
oniyide said:
we can sit here and cry and call foul all we want, but the criticsms do hold some weight. People arent just pulling them from thin air.

Except for those that are.

examples, cause everything the OP mentioned has some base in reality