By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a ps4 or a xbox one... first.

xone 61 20.07%

ps4 243 79.93%

Total:304

Clearly PS4. At its current rate the X1 will be $250 next year. Just wait till then.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

PS4 has a lot more coming this year in the way of outright exclusives:

1)The Order 1886, 2)Bloodborne, 3)Tearaway Unfolded, 4)Until Dawn, 5)Ratchet & Clank and 6)Fat Princess Adventures are all of the Retail AAA games announced so far this year,7)kill Strain, 8)Let it Die, 9)Deep Down and 10)Drawn to Death are AAA, but Free 2 Play.
Then there are the indies: 11)WiLD, 12)Rime, 13Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, 14)The Tomorrow Children, 15)Alienation and 16)Shadow of the Beast.

There are other games that won't be coming to Xbox One, like Orcs Must Die 2, The Witness, Persona 5, Galak Z Dimensional, H-Hour: World's Elite, Killing Floor 2, SOMA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, Volume, maybe more, but some will be on either PS3 or PC.
Let's not also forget Street Fighter 5, but that's coming to PC as well.

XBox One has 1)Halo 5, 2)Forza 6 and Quantum Break for outright exclusives.
There's obviously the games like Ori and the Blind Forest, Fable Legends, Scream Ride, Superhot, Cuphead, Below, maybe more than will stay off of PS4, but come to other platforms, like 360 or PC.

Hellblade and No Man's Sky will be on PS4 first, probably come to PC, maybe XB1 at some point in the future.
Obviously Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a timed Xbox exclusive, undoubtedly releasing on PS4, PC and maybe PS3 in 2016.

It depends on which games you like out of those lists.
PS4 has the biggest line-up of outright exclusive games, that you can't get on any other platforms in 2015.
IMO the PS4's 2015 exclusives look much better than what Xbox One has coming this year.

I think there's a lot more reasons to buy a PS4, even if you're not using it for Mulitplats, but if you are going to buy some multiplats on console then PS4 runs those games best for the most part. There's also the fact that PS4's hardware is much better than XBox One's.

Spotify also just came to PS4, which is meant to be a Playstation exclusive for the foreseeable future and it works excellently. Allows you to use any music you want in your games like GTAV, play it in the background of your OS on the console.
IMO the controller is much better on PS4 compared to XBox One's.

Sony has the more established developers, with the better proven track record compared to Microsoft, who's developers are largely an unknown quantity outside of Turn 10, Playground, 343i, Rare and Lionhead Studios.

Sony has a lot more games cooking in the oven from their proven studios, many have been in development for more than 3 years, so they're likely not far from being revealed and probably will have the fuller 2016 line-up, along with an expanded library compared to what we already know about right now.

So far Sony has announced more new IPs than Microsoft, being more creative with their games.

PS4 just seems like the better bet between the 2 consoles IMO.

ethomaz said:
PS4 + PC + Wii U and you are pretty much 99% covered.

Xbone only if you like Halo.

Forza if you like racing, fable as a western rpg, sunset overdrive 3rd person, Gears 3rd person shooting, quantum cinematic, killer instinct fighting,tomb Raider adventure, fable legends as a asymmetrical game. Xbox has a lot of variety. So not just halo 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Shadow1980 said:
If you really, really like Halo and don't care for any of PlayStation's exclusives, go with the XBO. Otherwise, go with the PS4. The system is simply more user-friendly with a much better UI, the controller is great, and I personally think it has a better selection of exclusives so far, and multiplats frequently run better on the system. My PS4 is my primary system along with the Wii U, while my XBO serves and will continue to serve mainly as a "Halo Box" (the only game I have for it is the MCC).

Why the hell would you buy an XBO just for halo when it has so much more than that? 

kinisking said:

Forza if you like racing, fable as a western rpg, sunset overdrive 3rd person, Gears 3rd person shooting, quantum cinematic, killer instinct fighting,tomb Raider adventure, fable legends as a asymmetrical game. Xbox has a lot of variety. So not just halo

You just confirmed what I said.

Halo is the big deal.

Forza... you have better simulators to play.
Fable... meh
SO... seems cool.
Gears... the 2nd together with Halo but just the first was cool.
QD... I don't know yet.
Killer Instict... it is not the fighting people wished... it is cool but not competetive enough.
Tomb Raider is timed.

Halo is for what you buy a Xbone.

Around the Network

If you have to buy only one, buy a PS4 : more games, more variety, more exclusive games in the long run, VR is coming, and the share play is fantastic.

Of course I would buy both if Halo is a game you really want.

PS4 is for the Gamers.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

kinisking said:
Shadow1980 said:
If you really, really like Halo and don't care for any of PlayStation's exclusives, go with the XBO. Otherwise, go with the PS4. The system is simply more user-friendly with a much better UI, the controller is great, and I personally think it has a better selection of exclusives so far, and multiplats frequently run better on the system. My PS4 is my primary system along with the Wii U, while my XBO serves and will continue to serve mainly as a "Halo Box" (the only game I have for it is the MCC).

Why the hell would you buy an XBO just for halo when it has so much more than that? 

Bingo!

Buy an Atari 2600 B)
It's dominating in sales and has the most 3rd party support + allot more exclusives than the biggest competitor. I heard they are making another Pitfall game, it was delayed to next year though :/

I'm just going from personally having both. Ps4 is a much better buy in my opinion. Must be true to over 20 million people. Wiiu second so your covered.

ethomaz said:

kinisking said:

You just confirmed what I said.

Halo is the big deal.

Forza... you have better simulators to play.
Fable... meh
SO... seems cool.
Gears... the 2nd together with Halo but just the first was cool.
QD... I don't know yet.
Killer Instict... it is not the fighting people wished... it is cool but not competetive enough.
Tomb Raider is timed.

Halo is for what you buy a Xbone.

just the first? 3rd and second are what people consider best for gears. Halo might be the main reason for a lot of people, but its not the only one. I didnt buy an xbox one for halo . i dont even like it that much. tomb raider is timed but shes going to be buying only one now so it might as well be exclusive for her. Also, uncharted is the big deal, but youre not saying its the only reason. Just becuase they'res a standout exlusive doesnt make it the only one.