By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a ps4 or a xbox one... first.

xone 61 20.07%

ps4 243 79.93%

Total:304

Buy the system with the games that appeal to you

Around the Network

With the noises that MS are making about PC gaming and the (relative) poor sales of the XB1, I would say that going the PS4 first makes sense as like last generation many MS exclusive games either end up on PC if not PS after enough time. I nearly bought the 360 last gen over the PS3 because of Mass Effect, but then it came onto PC and so it didn't matter anymore. The same isn't the case for PS4 exclusives (outside some indie games).

Also, MS have been far more aggressive with price cuts and deals, so the longer you can wait to get a XB1, likely the cheaper you'll get it. Sony isn't really showing the same inclination, so buying a PS4 now or a year from now isn't likely to have the same effect. And if there is no benefit in waiting, then you might as well get it now, if you have the money.

Personally I would wait until the end of the year before you make a choice. More games will be out by then (Halo 5, Tomb Raider, Persona) and in the meantime E3 and other shows will probably give us a good idea on what to expect in the coming years. Along with that there might be some price cuts and possible bundles/deals.

In the long run - PS4

At this moment in time - Xbone

My conclusion - Wait until Persona 5 actually comes out.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

kinisking said:

just the first? 3rd and second are what people consider best for gears. Halo might be the main reason for a lot of people, but its not the only one. I didnt buy an xbox one for halo . i dont even like it that much. tomb raider is timed but shes going to be buying only one now so it might as well be exclusive for her. Also, uncharted is the big deal, but youre not saying its the only reason. Just becuase they'res a standout exlusive doesnt make it the only one.

That is your mistake... Uncharted is not the big deal in Sony line up... a lot of game is bigger than it.

For example Gran Turismo is the big deal compared with Halo.

Sony have so much and diversity franchises to work that is over what competition shows.

Around the Network

JayWood2010 said:

The reason people have a hard time taking you serious

Forza - I believe its the highest rated racing franchise for like the last decade.  Forza Horizon continues this into the new generation 
Fable - Not a fan but it is popular
Sunset overdrive - It is cool
Gears - Wow ethomaz.  One of the only franchises that can sell 6m without bundling and for a good reason.
QD? I believe you mean Quantum Break from a praised Dev in Remedy
Killer Instinct - LOL  This game has a ton of praise in FGC and many consider as the best fighter.  And not competitive? LMAO  

And there is more.  But how about taking a step back before shitting on everything when you seem not to have a clue

Again...

Forza is a small franchise that is dying because MS insists in release it each year... Horizons sales is a shame and even Forza 5 didn't sold well... it is a franchise with max 3-4 million userbase and that is it.

Fable is not popular... and it will never be... it is niche.

SO... yeap cool but nothing more.

Gears... yes.. the best gears are the first and maybe the second (I prefer the first) and the third is something I didn't like.

Remedy is not a paised dev... sorry.

Killer Instict is cool but not competitive lol... it is the truth... I'm a fan of competitive fighting games.

Again show me this super diversity of exclusives on Xbone... that makes me laugh.

ethomaz said:

that makes me laugh.

Laugh all you want, your comment is more about platform than truth

Since you own a PC, I would say PS4/PC offers more than XB1/PC.

I personally think PS4/PC/WiiU combo is great, it what I have. Right now the only games I cant play that I would if I owned an XB1 is FH2 and Sunset OD. Only game coming out I would play is RotTR (I don't like Halo at all).

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

It depends on what kind of power you are looking for in your console.

PS4 has more power as in being a wet dream for graphics.

Xbone has more power as in drawing more power from the wall. This baby loves juice.

I would go with the one that has more power.

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

JayWood2010 said:

Laugh all you want, your comment is more about platform than truth

It is about the games on each plataform...

95% of the Xbone Library you will find on PC/PS4
80% of the PS4 Library you will find on PC/Xbone

That is what each plataform have.

You cover more games with PS4/PC than Xbone/PC... this is the truth... add the Wii U and you will miss less than 1% of all games sold wotj PS4/PC/WiiU.

Xbone didn't have enough exclusives to cover this gap... if you count right now you will see what 4-5 exclusives on Xbone.