By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Should I buy a ps4 or a xbox one... first.

xone 61 20.07%

ps4 243 79.93%

Total:304
Low78wagon said:
I'm just going from personally having both. Ps4 is a much better buy in my opinion. Must be true to over 20 million people. Wiiu second so your covered.

What's your gamertag?

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Tough call. Right now I'd get an Xbox, PS4 should pick up steam in 2016.

I predict that the Wii U will sell a total of 18 million units in its lifetime. 

The NX will be a 900p machine

Solution is simple, buy a second WIi U xD lol . but in all serious, i dont really know, i guess ps4 and xbox one are both great, i dont have either, but if i now would pick one i would pick ps4, because of bloodborned and uncharted and star wars battlefront, and ratchet and clank, idc much for Halo and stuff like that :)

Low87dawg is my gamer tag. Don't believe me? I have two original Xboxs, four Xbox 360s and a Xbox one.

Really though call.Well let's see

Last year I had more fun with the XB1, but lately I've been using more my PS4 and the X1 just collects dust.So far, based on the know games that are realeasing on the PS4, it seems like the better choice, but only if your thinking about getting a console NOW.I would honestly wait to see what is announced at E3 to make a better choice, but I guess it really depends on WHEN you buy the console.

Around the Network

I'd wait until after E3...

Current gaming platforms - Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Wii U, New 3DS, PC

ethomaz said:

You just confirmed what I said.

Halo is the big deal.

Forza... you have better simulators to play.
Fable... meh
SO... seems cool.
Gears... the 2nd together with Halo but just the first was cool.
QD... I don't know yet.
Killer Instict... it is not the fighting people wished... it is cool but not competetive enough.
Tomb Raider is timed.

Halo is for what you buy a Xbone.

The reason people have a hard time taking you serious

Forza - I believe its the highest rated racing franchise for like the last decade.  Forza Horizon continues this into the new generation 
Fable - Not a fan but it is popular
Sunset overdrive - It is cool
Gears - Wow ethomaz.  One of the only franchises that can sell 6m without bundling and for a good reason.
QD? I believe you mean Quantum Break from a praised Dev in Remedy
Killer Instinct - LOL  This game has a ton of praise in FGC and many consider as the best fighter.  And not competitive? LMAO  

And there is more.  But how about taking a step back before shitting on everything when you seem not to have a clue

Is it hard to make a list of current and future games for both and decide which console have the game that suit your taste? If it is, wait for E3 for some help.

I'm surprised that you'll be able to afford one of those after purchasing all of the awesome Wii U titles coming out this year :D Unless you don't fancy those..

JustBeingReal said:
PS4 has a lot more coming this year in the way of outright exclusives:

1)The Order 1886, 2)Bloodborne, 3)Tearaway Unfolded, 4)Until Dawn, 5)Ratchet & Clank and 6)Fat Princess Adventures are all of the Retail AAA games announced so far this year,7)kill Strain, 8)Let it Die, 9)Deep Down and 10)Drawn to Death are AAA, but Free 2 Play.
Then there are the indies: 11)WiLD, 12)Rime, 13Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, 14)The Tomorrow Children, 15)Alienation and 16)Shadow of the Beast.

There are other games that won't be coming to Xbox One, like Orcs Must Die 2, The Witness, Persona 5, Galak Z Dimensional, H-Hour: World's Elite, Killing Floor 2, SOMA, Kingdom Under Fire 2, Volume, maybe more, but some will be on either PS3 or PC.
Let's not also forget Street Fighter 5, but that's coming to PC as well.

XBox One has 1)Halo 5, 2)Forza 6 and Quantum Break for outright exclusives.
There's obviously the games like Ori and the Blind Forest, Fable Legends, Scream Ride, Superhot, Cuphead, Below, maybe more than will stay off of PS4, but come to other platforms, like 360 or PC.

Hellblade and No Man's Sky will be on PS4 first, probably come to PC, maybe XB1 at some point in the future.
Obviously Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a timed Xbox exclusive, undoubtedly releasing on PS4, PC and maybe PS3 in 2016.

It depends on which games you like out of those lists.
PS4 has the biggest line-up of outright exclusive games, that you can't get on any other platforms in 2015.
IMO the PS4's 2015 exclusives look much better than what Xbox One has coming this year.

I think there's a lot more reasons to buy a PS4, even if you're not using it for Mulitplats, but if you are going to buy some multiplats on console then PS4 runs those games best for the most part. There's also the fact that PS4's hardware is much better than XBox One's.

Spotify also just came to PS4, which is meant to be a Playstation exclusive for the foreseeable future and it works excellently. Allows you to use any music you want in your games like GTAV, play it in the background of your OS on the console.
IMO the controller is much better on PS4 compared to XBox One's.

Sony has the more established developers, with the better proven track record compared to Microsoft, who's developers are largely an unknown quantity outside of Turn 10, Playground, 343i, Rare and Lionhead Studios.

Sony has a lot more games cooking in the oven from their proven studios, many have been in development for more than 3 years, so they're likely not far from being revealed and probably will have the fuller 2016 line-up, along with an expanded library compared to what we already know about right now.

So far Sony has announced more new IPs than Microsoft, being more creative with their games.

PS4 just seems like the better bet between the 2 consoles IMO.

i would also like to add to your comment the HUGE ammount of Japanese games that the PS4 has gotten, is getting and will continue to get through the generation.

The X1 (or the xbox in general) has almost none existent japanese support when compared to the Playstation 4 (or Playstation as a whole), the only japanese game that has come the the X1 that i can think of is D4 and it floped so hard that people really dont know if they will get the second chapter of that game.

On the other hand the Playstation 4 is getting (and has already gotten some of) the following games: Disgaea 5, Bloodborne, Senran Kagura, Omega Quintet, Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory II, Persona 5, Dragon Quest Heroes, God Eater 2 Rage Burst, Yakuza Ishin, Yakuza Zero, Sengoku Basara 4, One Pice Pirate Warriors 3, J Stars Victory VS +, Earth Defense Force 4.1, Deep Down, Fairy Fencer Advent Dark Force, Deception 4, Dragons Dogma Online, Natsuhiro High School, JoJo Bizarre Adventure Eyes of Heaven, Final Fantasy XIV, Gal Gun...

Not to mention that in April 7th Bandai will finally show their new Gundam game for PS4.

And this is with the Playstation 4 being in the market for only 1 year and 4 months, imagine what the lineup will look like in 3 or 4 years

In terms of Japanese Third party support the PS is king, after that is the Nintendo consoles that do have some japanese games like (Bayonetta, Xenoblade, Devils Third and The Wonderfull 101.) but not at the extent of PS.