By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is Bloodborne a Masterpiece?

Is Bloodborne a Masterpiece

Yes 173 73.62%

No 62 26.38%

Total:235

Haven't had enough time with it yet to say.

Around the Network

Depends, one of my first criteria in determining if a game is a masterpiece is if the experience stands out from past games and past sequels (if it is isn't a new series).

How different is BB from past Souls games? Pacing of combat so far seems to be the only thing I noticed to be significant, but the look of BB looks just like Dark Souls with a darker, bloodier setting.

Lube Me Up

For me it is, the only complain that I have for the game is the drop below 30fps in some areas.

Vasto said:
A great game, yes. A masterpiece, no.

Very few games I consider a masterpiece like Zelda Ocarina Of Time.

?? This makes no sense OOT was been surpassed many times, nostalgia glasses. Bloodborne and DS are both better in mechanics, world design then Zelda. BB is a masterpice easily, very few games have as well designed mecvhanics and interconnected detailed worlds as bloodborne.  Bloodbornes art style and atmosphere are virtually unmatched as well, 

BB is easily on of the best games of all time, From Software are simply on another level then most.

Does BB have a good story? I might pick it up along with RE R2 and The Order this week.

PS4 Game Collection

Around the Network

I haven't played it, but from the reviews I read, I'm gonna say yes!

You should had a see result option in ur poll

PS4 Game Collection

FrozenXIV said:
Does BB have a good story? I might pick it up along with RE R2 and The Order this week.

It has a lot of outstanding lore, but it is not told directly, these games are more about the gameplay, mystery and lore then story telling, but it is very well done. The story depends on how many npc's you find in the world, lore you find./

Its loading screens are too long and its frame-rate is to inconsistent to be considered a masterpiece right now. Maybe after the patch, doe.

spemanig said:
Its loading screens are too long and its frame-rate is to inconsistent to be considered a masterpiece right now. Maybe after the patch, doe.

LMAo neither of those detract from it being a masterpiece, every acclaimed game had some technical issues, and they will get patched. The framerate is also solid 99% of the time.