By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A history of Wii U delays

Tagged games:

Shackkobe said:

But nobody can question the quality of the final product.
So, who cares?
Just keep bringing in the good games Nintendo.

this; trust me some of you should respect the fact that 99% of the time when Nintendo delays a game it really IS to perfect it (unlike some other companies who do so strategically and for sales)

also some stating how many delays the Wii U is having- I think you're forgetting that overall there are fewer releases for the system (namely because of the lack of third party) so it just APPEARS this way. no doubt there are a lot of delays, but Nintendo has always been a bit OCD about perfection and would delay games for every system they've had. the difference is in the past you might have a lot of 3rd party games popping up to distract you in the meantime

all I know is that it's not particularly shocking that a game like the new Zelda (which is quite an expansion in terms of gameplay compared to the prior editions) is getting delayed quite a bit

Around the Network

Sucks

mountaindewslave said:
Shackkobe said:

But nobody can question the quality of the final product.
So, who cares?
Just keep bringing in the good games Nintendo.

this; trust me some of you should respect the fact that 99% of the time when Nintendo delays a game it really IS to perfect it (unlike some other companies who do so strategically and for sales)

also some stating how many delays the Wii U is having- I think you're forgetting that overall there are fewer releases for the system (namely because of the lack of third party) so it just APPEARS this way. no doubt there are a lot of delays, but Nintendo has always been a bit OCD about perfection and would delay games for every system they've had. the difference is in the past you might have a lot of 3rd party games popping up to distract you in the meantime

all I know is that it's not particularly shocking that a game like the new Zelda (which is quite an expansion in terms of gameplay compared to the prior editions) is getting delayed quite a bit

Relax bro, we're on the same side.

I wasn't criticizing, just encouraging. Don't be so hasty.

Tachikoma said:

Be careful with that disappointment curl, when you get on the wrong side of a fanbase (any fanbase, really) they switch on you like date rapistis.

It gets ugly faaassstttt

I knew it would happen oneday, that eventually I would piss off everybody and become an outcast loathed by all, I just don't know if I'm ready for it yet... XD

This is nothing new to Nintendo consoles. Every since the N64 really, their games have been riddled with delays. It even affected their 2nd party developers like Rare. I think a combination of taking their time to polish everything and also smaller development teams are the reasons. For some reason I don't see Nintendo throwing 200-300 developers/artists/coders etc on one game unlike say Rockstar/Ubisoft/Activision/Naughty Dog etc. I could be wrong though.

Around the Network

Sucks, but hey if it makes Zelda any better than it already is; I welcome it!

Every 3D home console Zelda game was delayed except Majora's Mask.

curl-6 said:
Tachikoma said:

Be careful with that disappointment curl, when you get on the wrong side of a fanbase (any fanbase, really) they switch on you like date rapistis.

It gets ugly faaassstttt

I knew it would happen oneday, that eventually I would piss off everybody and become an outcast loathed by all, I just don't know if I'm ready for it yet... XD

Well,  i got your back if you do buddy. 

Despite being one of the people you've argued with most,  lol.

Tachikoma said:
curl-6 said:

Well,  i got your back if you do buddy. 

Despite being one of the people you've argued with most,  lol.

Haha, cheers. Oddly some of the people I respect on here the most are ones I've argued with heaps, like you, Soundwave, and Zekkyou. 

Its the delay generation, release dates are not sacred for any game on any platform. I realise its felt more on Wii U tho, as there is a lot less games in general to fill the gaps.

But take the delays over the half finished releases we've seen alot of this gen.