By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - A history of Wii U delays

Tagged games:

GhaudePhaede010 said:
Elebits, Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Crystal Bearers, Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, Wii Play were all delayed BEFORE Wii was released.

And that is with no effort... just a google search. Add the games you want from that list and this is just games delayed before Wii dropped. Not to mention further delays from thee initial delay time, or other games that were also delayed in the process.

If you're going to include third party titles, add to Wii U Assassin's Creed 4, Arkham Origins, Blackgate, Watch Dogs, Rayman Legends...

Around the Network
curl-6 said:
GhaudePhaede010 said:

Where were you during the last generation?

On Wii, mostly.
I just don't remember it being nearly this bad.

it wasnt, for any platform really.

I just copy pasted and said take the games you want from that list.

I do not know which ones count and which ones do not as I do not have them in front of me to know if Nintendo had a publishing deal on any of those or not. I think they did with Dragon Quest but I cannot remember.

My point is, there were a lot of delayed games, on any console. You mention previous Zelda being delayed, even small titles like Wii Play was delayed. Come on man, you act like these things did not happen. They did, and a lot.

As you can see, I do not post often and I am done posting for the rest of this half of the year. Do better homework, please. You find some first party Nintendo titles that stayed on time last generation. I bet you will be surprised at how few it actually was.

And by the way, Smash was delayed for both 3DS and WiiU. It was delayed for WiiU at least twice as it was at one point said to come out alongside the 3DS version so it should be on the delayed list.

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

What's the old saying?

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is bad forever."

Perhaps slightly less true in the age of patches and DLC, but Nintendo is pretty much the only large publisher left with a reputation for releasing games that are quality in terms of both gameplay *and* actually working perfectly on day one.

GhaudePhaede010 said:

I just copy pasted and said take the games you want from that list.

I do not know which ones count and which ones do not as I do not have them in front of me to know if Nintendo had a publishing deal on any of those or not. I think they did with Dragon Quest but I cannot remember.

My point is, there were a lot of delayed games, on any console. You mention previous Zelda being delayed, even small titles like Wii Play was delayed. Come on man, you act like these things did not happen. They did, and a lot.

As you can see, I do not post often and I am done posting for the rest of this half of the year. Do better homework, please. You find some first party Nintendo titles that stayed on time last generation. I bet you will be surprised at how few it actually was.

And by the way, Smash was delayed for both 3DS and WiiU. It was delayed for WiiU at least twice as it was at one point said to come out alongside the 3DS version so it should be on the delayed list.

I never said Wii had no delays. But it was not as bad as it is now. And when delays did happen, other software was there to fill the gap, up until 2011 anyway. 

Around the Network

Be careful with that disappointment curl, when you get on the wrong side of a fanbase (any fanbase, really) they switch on you like date rapistis.

It gets ugly faaassstttt

Technically, DKTF was finished but delayed on purpose.

It's been happening a lot this gen in general. Sony has delayed Driveclub, The Order, Uncharted, and even Bloodborne. Geez.

But nobody can question the quality of the final product.
So, who cares?
Just keep bringing in the good games Nintendo.

Teeqoz said:
It's been happening a lot this gen in general. Sony has delayed Driveclub, The Order, Uncharted, and even Bloodborne. Geez.

But i doubt most nintendo games are as expensive to produce as the sony exclusives. Tropical freeze, wiiu fit, mario party wiiu and toad treasure are games who dont look like they need much afford to devolope in the graphical department in comparison to PS4 exclusives.