By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lastest PC exclusive was...

Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

Because the marketing departments say so?  

So what is this "Mac" I have that runs bootcamp with Windows on it?  Isn't that an Intel X86-comaptible based computer running Windows?

And how can a Mac not be a 'personal computer'.  Mac owners are usally very personal with their Macs and I'm failry certain they qualify as computers.

No, because the architecture is different.

It's not.

Around the Network

OP, did you do this just so we could list off a whole bunch of exclusives recently released?

I mean, you literally couldn't have picked a worse time to make this thread than on the day Pillars of Eternity released.

Scisca said:
Starcraft II is enough to validate a PC. Better than any console exclusive imo, it offers an experience you'll never get on a console.

Yup, and the standalone expansion legacy of the void comes out this year.Another great year for PC gaming is on the horizon.

Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

So what is this "Mac" I have that runs bootcamp with Windows on it?  Isn't that an Intel X86-comaptible based computer running Windows?

And how can a Mac not be a 'personal computer'.  Mac owners are usally very personal with their Macs and I'm failry certain they qualify as computers.

2005 called, they want their PowerPC-Macs back!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple%27s_transition_to_Intel_processors

Conina said:
Lawlight said:
SpokenTruth said:

2005 called, they want their PowerPC-Macs back!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apple%27s_transition_to_Intel_processors

Interesting extract from that article...

Apple is the only personal computer company to have successfully completed such a transition – competitors Commodore and Atari never regained their market positions after their switch from 6502 to 68k in the mid-1980s[2][3] and stopped manufacturing computers in the early 1990s, around the time Apple was switching to PowerPC.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:
OP, did you do this just so we could list off a whole bunch of exclusives recently released?

I mean, you literally couldn't have picked a worse time to make this thread than on the day Pillars of Eternity released.

Apparently he doesn't count it because it was kickstarted and IMHO he had since the beginning no intention at all to change his mind whatever people would answer him. I guess missing the best kickstarted games could be considered an adequate punishment for his sin.    Making an ass of himself with his friend will be a bonus punishment!   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Divinity Original Sin? Great game with Great reviews.

Consoles get the best overall exclusives without question but PC gets good strategy and/or Indie exclusives.

Civ V > any game on PS4/XBOne/Wii U besides Bloodborne

shakarak said:
Divinity Original Sin? Great game with Great reviews.

Wasteland 2 was good as well.PS4 is apparently coming but it's PC only for now.

Alby_da_Wolf said:
Scoobes said:

Apparently he doesn't count it because it was kickstarted and IMHO he had since the beginning no intention at all to change his mind whatever people would answer him. I guess missing the best kickstarted games could be considered an adequate punishment for his sin.    Making an ass of himself with his friend will be a bonus punishment!   

Yeah, if his friend has a brain than he can defend PC because nearly everything the OP says is incorrect, presenting a level of ignorance I haven't seen in a while.  A while being the last time I went on YouTube and looked at the average comments section of course :P