By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lastest PC exclusive was...

The ignorance in the OP makes my head hurt...

Around the Network

awesome,. thanks for your input guys. glad to see i didn't miss anything.

PC is PC and it doesn't need any exclusives. I don't mind every PC game to be ported for consoles. But when a console lose an exclusive it seems like a doomsday for console gamers.

kitler53 said:
awesome,. thanks for your input guys. glad to see i didn't miss anything.

Oh that cheek!

kitler53 said:

a friend and i are arguing right now and i'm basically accerting that PC is the "red headed step child" of gaming and developers ignore or shit on the platform. i brought up how "graphic superiority" is meaningless as no games in the last maybe 10 years actually do any optimization for PC. it shows games like watch dogs which had the advanced features removed from the pc release to pc releases are basically all hamstrung by consoles anyways.   i brought up how the biggest games in the industry release late if ever.   it show in games like GTA V which was late then delayed and then delayed again while consoles got 2 releases,.. last and current gens.

now i want to bring up how pc doesn't get any "exclusives".  i can acknowledge that PC get's 1000s of exclusives from developers that have to beg kickstarter for the means to finish their pet projects that turn out to be about as good as the trash on mobile,... i'm not counting those.  those are trash.

what was the last PC AAA exclusive that is actually worth playing before i potentially go and make an ass of myself?  i've been checking out the lists of "best pc exclusives" and all i'm seeing is games i've never heard of or games that aren't pc exclusive anymore because they've already launched on consoles.

the last one i can come up with is starcraft II back in 2010.   has PC received any exclusive worth mentioning since then?

Chivalry, Minecraft, War of the Roses, The Witcher series, Metro Series (Console versions are a joke), Stalker series, and all bethesda and Battlefield games are 10x better on PC.

Also plenty of PC games are optimized well, you really don't know wtf you are talking about.  A great example is Battlefield 3/4.  Those games can scale effectively between $50 and $1000 graphics cards.  Also BF4 worked from the first week on PC, while it took half a year to work well on consoles.

Prediction for console Lifetime sales:

Wii:100-120 million, PS3:80-110 million, 360:70-100 million

[Prediction Made 11/5/2009]

3DS: 65m, PSV: 22m, Wii U: 18-22m, PS4: 80-120m, X1: 35-55m

I gauruntee the PS5 comes out after only 5-6 years after the launch of the PS4.

[Prediction Made 6/18/2014]

Around the Network

It's not the fault of the PC if you think stuff like Pillars of Eternity is trash, for many it is a masterpiece or at least close to that.

It's pretty simple to be honest, if you are into strategy, simulation, SRPGs, adventures and stuff like that, console gaming is just not what you are looking for. 

It's also not as if any other platform does get a crazy amount of big AAA exclusives. They all have their few expensive exclusives and the rest is console+PC or exclusive but not super expensive in the making.. 

And yes, graphics superiority is meaningless, art-style can be important, graphics from a technical standpoint aren't much as Bloodborne on PS4 also shows. It's a nice little bonus but not more.

:
^
)

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

I'm just going to paste this here since you don't really seem to know that a Mac is not a PC:

"PC" is an initialism for "personal computer". However, it is used in a different sense: It means a personal computers with an Intel x86-compatible processor running Microsoft Windows (sometimes called Wintel). "PC" is used in contrast with "Mac", an Apple Macintosh computer. This sense of the word is used in Get a Mac advertisement campaign that run between 2006 to 2009, as well as its rival, I'm a PC campaign, that appeared on 2008.

Because the marketing departments say so?  

So what is this "Mac" I have that runs bootcamp with Windows on it?  Isn't that an Intel X86-comaptible based computer running Windows?

And how can a Mac not be a 'personal computer'.  Mac owners are usally very personal with their Macs and I'm failry certain they qualify as computers.

Apparently so. Amiga 500, Atari ST, BBC Micro, ZX Spectrum, Commodore 64 etc are also all PCs. None of them have come near a build of Microsft Windows unless they're being emulated.

This is the equivalent of Nintendo deciding that they don't make mere "Game Consoles" and that term just refers to PlayStations...

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

SpokenTruth said:
Lawlight said:

I'm just going to paste this here since you don't really seem to know that a Mac is not a PC:

"PC" is an initialism for "personal computer". However, it is used in a different sense: It means a personal computers with an Intel x86-compatible processor running Microsoft Windows (sometimes called Wintel). "PC" is used in contrast with "Mac", an Apple Macintosh computer. This sense of the word is used in Get a Mac advertisement campaign that run between 2006 to 2009, as well as its rival, I'm a PC campaign, that appeared on 2008.

Because the marketing departments say so?  

So what is this "Mac" I have that runs bootcamp with Windows on it?  Isn't that an Intel X86-comaptible based computer running Windows?

And how can a Mac not be a 'personal computer'.  Mac owners are usally very personal with their Macs and I'm failry certain they qualify as computers.

No, because the architecture is different.

Starcraft II is enough to validate a PC. Better than any console exclusive imo, it offers an experience you'll never get on a console.

Wii U is a GCN 2 - I called it months before the release!

My Vita to-buy list: The Walking Dead, Persona 4 Golden, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, TearAway, Ys: Memories of Celceta, Muramasa: The Demon Blade, History: Legends of War, FIFA 13, Final Fantasy HD X, X-2, Worms Revolution Extreme, The Amazing Spiderman, Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate - too many no-gaemz :/

My consoles: PS2 Slim, PS3 Slim 320 GB, PSV 32 GB, Wii, DSi.