By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The lastest PC exclusive was...

MikeRox said:

Kickstarted? It wasn't, was it? It was green lit and funded by Paradox when Sim City crashed and burned.

Oh. In that case, it counts!

Around the Network
yoscrafty said:
Vasto said:
PC don't make huge budget exclusives like it use to but they are still some of the best games you can play. Now its a lot more free to play and smaller titles.

That's one thing I don't really like. I'd much rather play free to play or smaller/indie titles on handheld than on a huge behemoth like the PC which can run more demanding games. I mean, this wouldn't be a problem for me if they opted to release on 3DS/PS Vita immediately with at launch. But the sad fact is that they don't a lot of time and most often is due to PC having a bigger market and it's easier to sell on things like Steam than eshop/PSN.  

Just because I said no huge budget does not mean the smaller titles lack in quality. These games still are high quality in visuals and sound but the devs just dont spend a ton making them. Games like Rome Total War, Asseto Corsa, Divinity Orginal Sin, Civilzation, Star Craft and The Sims are just as good or even better then whats on console. PC gaming is just different.

bananaking21 said:
dude... cities skyline just released...

Pretty much this.

Not to mention Star Citizen, DOTA 2, and plenty of others.

You're Gonna Carry That Weight.

Xbox One - PS4 - Wii U - PC

Joking for clarification

The last exclsuive that felt like a true AAA game was starcraft 2

Around the Network
kitler53 said:

a friend and i are arguing right now and i'm basically accerting that PC is the "red headed step child" of gaming and developers ignore or shit on the platform. i brought up how "graphic superiority" is meaningless as no games in the last maybe 10 years actually do any optimization for PC. it shows games like watch dogs which had the advanced features removed from the pc release to pc releases are basically all hamstrung by consoles anyways.   i brought up how the biggest games in the industry release late if ever.   it show in games like GTA V which was late then delayed and then delayed again while consoles got 2 releases,.. last and current gens.

now i want to bring up how pc doesn't get any "exclusives".  i can acknowledge that PC get's 1000s of exclusives from developers that have to beg kickstarter for the means to finish their pet projects that turn out to be about as good as the trash on mobile,... i'm not counting those.  those are trash.

what was the last PC AAA exclusive that is actually worth playing before i potentially go and make an ass of myself?  i've been checking out the lists of "best pc exclusives" and all i'm seeing is games i've never heard of or games that aren't pc exclusive anymore because they've already launched on consoles.

the last one i can come up with is starcraft II back in 2010.   has PC received any exclusive worth mentioning since then?

I'd say there's nothing potential about it, with your view of PC gaming it's certainty.

You will certainly not find the likes of Bloodborne being exclusive to PC. Lots of exclusives with top-down, isometric views. Though, some are on Macs too so not all are Pc exclusives.

Lawlight said:
You will certainly not find the likes of Bloodborne being exclusive to PC. Lots of exclusives with top-down, isometric views. Though, some are on Macs too so not all are Pc exclusives.

A Mac is a PC... :p Do you mean Windows exclusive? ;)

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Pillars of eternity is 93 at metacritic now.

Yes, like Bloodborne.

Pc exclusive, kickstarter or not.

MikeRox said:
Lawlight said:

A Mac is a PC... :p Do you mean Windows exclusive? ;)

A PC game will not just run on a Mac. It has to be a different version.