By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will Ocarina of Time ever Be Surpassed and When?

ocarina of time is an okay game compared to games nowadays. for its time its probably the best game ever, but to compared to todays standards its not even close

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network

Personally I can't understand how it even gets into any GOAT list, let alone makes it all the way to the top. The game is a 6.5/10 for me.

It seems to me like there is brainwashing going on there is an unwritten rule that says in every GOAT list OoT must always be at the top. even if you don't personally like it you are obliged to make it the #1 game otherwise your membership will be cancelled.

But to answer the question, because of the rule of OoT, there will never come a time when the majority of GOAT lists won't have OoT at #1.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

onionberry said:

This November, by Zelda WiiU

YUSS! 

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

binary solo said:

Personally I can't understand how it even gets into any GOAT list, let alone makes it all the way to the top. The game is a 6.5/10 for me.

It seems to me like there is brainwashing going on there is an unwritten rule that says in every GOAT list OoT must always be at the top. even if you don't personally like it you are obliged to make it the #1 game otherwise your membership will be cancelled.

But to answer the question, because of the rule of OoT, there will never come a time when the majority of GOAT lists won't have OoT at #1.

It's my least favorite 3D Zelda game, but you have got to be kidding me if you can't see why people choose it as their favorite video game. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people don't and there is some giant conspiracy to pretend a shitty game is the best game ever. 

In my opinion Super Mario 64 has aged better than the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.

Around the Network
SuperJortendo said:
Like others in this thread have said, it's going to take a big jump like from 2D to 3D, and I think that if/when Nintendo releases a console dedicated to virtual reality then the Zelda game that comes with it has the potential to be the game that shows off how good a virtual reality game can be.

This guy took many words from my mouth ;O.

i think MM is better than OOT....

the gameplay is basicly the same but the story is much better. 

Every 3D Zelda game launched since then it's more entertaining than Ocarina of Time... aside from Skyward Sword, that game can be like really boring sometimes.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Ocarina is to 3D games what Super Mario Bros. was to 2D. It showed how things had to be done and all everyone else did afterwards was to take some of that and try to perfect it (even though Mario 64 had already come very, very close to it). It's the foundation to many things seen nowadays and this is only going to change when or if a new gaming way (I thought it would be motion controls, but developers gave up being creative even with such an opportunity at hands) ever appears.

No, it will never be surpassed in GOAT lists, but that doesn't really matter because it isn't the best game of all time. Half Life is. Followed by Super Metroid.