By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS4 & X1 sales reach 3 million combined in UK

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_sales_reach_3_million_in_the_uk.html

Over 3 million PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles have been sold in the UK, GAME has revealed.

The retailer revealed the figure in its latest financial results, reporting that the two consoles had achieved an install-base of 3 million units by the end of January, "significantly ahead" of its expectations.

PS4 hit the 1 million milestone in September with Xbox One following in November, although it isn't clear how current sales are split between the two consoles.

On a global basis, meanwhile, PS4 is believed to be significantly ahead of Xbox One with over 20 million consoles sold. Microsoft hasn't updated its sales figures since November, when it announced it hadshipped almost 10 million Xbox One consoles.

Software sales on PS4 and Xbox One grew by 118 per cent between November 2014-January 2015 over the previous year, GAME adds, with sales of last-gen software declining by 50 per cent.

Around the Network

Overtracked combined by ~ 400k then on vgchartz :/

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=130023&page=1# Official Playstation Vita Thread! Come in and join!!!

Well done to both consoles :)

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

celador said:

http://www.videogamer.com/news/ps4_and_xbox_one_sales_reach_3_million_in_the_uk.html

Over 3 million PlayStation 4 and Xbox One consoles have been sold in the UK, GAME has revealed.

The retailer revealed the figure in its latest financial results, reporting that the two consoles had achieved an install-base of 3 million units by the end of January, "significantly ahead" of its expectations.

PS4 hit the 1 million milestone in September with Xbox One following in November, although it isn't clear how current sales are split between the two consoles.

On a global basis, meanwhile, PS4 is believed to be significantly ahead of Xbox One with over 20 million consoles sold. Microsoft hasn't updated its sales figures since November, when it announced it hadshipped almost 10 million Xbox One consoles.

Software sales on PS4 and Xbox One grew by 118 per cent between November 2014-January 2015 over the previous year, GAME adds, with sales of last-gen software declining by 50 per cent.

Oh...We will never learn anything about wii u...:(

Also for comparison,vgc has them at 3.419m by the end of january...OOOOPS....

kivi95 said:
Overtracked combined by ~ 400k then on vgchartz :/

Well, at this stage, given we are three weeks behind still, we have Sony's numbers to go by. Most likely there is some undertracking in the rest of EU to counter the UK.

Xbox is harder to say.

Around the Network

I wonder what the split is 1.7M PS4 - 1.3M X1??

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

Oh...We will never learn anything about wii u...:(

Also for comparison,vgc has them at 3.419m by the end of january...OOOOPS....

Well the figures are more or less right (especially PS4 that is confirmed by Sony) so that likely means they are just undertracked somewhere else to make up the difference.

Don't use plural...Ka-pi this can be said only for ps4...

I didn't expect that for ps4 but for xb1 I was certain like many others who were saying that european numbers for xb1 are excessive,obviously overtracked and can't be true(With great rationalizations)...Well,we didn't see most of the overtracking or almost all of the overtracking coming from the UK...That's a surprise!

As I see by the time that ps4 reached 1m+ here and in reality and xb1 numbers by that time proved to be overtracked and was adjusted down to the the right they had almost 400k difference and by the time that xb1 reached 1m here and in reallity,ps4 numbers proved to be right they had again almost 400k difference.
I guess that the split of 3m are 1.7m for ps4 and 1.3m for xb1!

Pleasing. Nice to see the console market alive over here.

Ka-pi96 said:
tak13 said:

I didn't expect that for ps4 but for xb1 I was certain like many others who were saying that european numbers for xb1 are excessive,obviously overtracked and can't be true(With great rationalizations)...Well,we didn't see most of the overtracking or almost all of the overtracking coming from the UK...That's a surprise!

As I see by the time that ps4 reached 1m+ here and in reality and xb1 numbers by that time proved to be overtracked and was adjusted down to the the right they had almost 400k difference and by the time that xb1 reached 1m here and in reallity,ps4 numbers proved to be right they had again almost 400k difference.
I guess that the split of 3m are 1.7m for ps4 and 1.3m for xb1!

You what now?

I usually see people saying the opposite, that Xbox One is likely undertracked in Europe.

What...?Yeah because xb1 is proved to be very strong outside  the uk in Europe...

Come one Ka-pi...