By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 30 million units by September 30, 2015

daredevil.shark said:

PS4 will sell 30 million units by September 30, 2015. As crazy it sounds it will be true. I have calculated and put some "miracle" in it. Lol. Anyways, given the time frame PS4 will cross 30 million units sold.

As crazy it sounds people also doubted this one. But look what happened. What say you Vgchartz?

Don't know; I would say 28M, but with PS4 you never know, it could pull out even 30M by Sept 30; MGS : PP can do miracles for PS4 in a month period; and if we have a price cut on Sept the 1st... 28-30M a real possibility.

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
Welfare said:
Robert_Downey_Jr. said:

Metal Gear Solid 5 bundles.  Japan will love that more than Destiny even if it doesn't sell as much in the US as Destiny did.  Also what if they cut price by September?

MGSV bundle isn't going to sell something like 300k in Japan.

If they cut the price it depends on if it's $299 or $349. $299 and it'll get to 30 million by the end of September.

They have a nice spread of releases.  Bloodborne for March, Witcher 3 for May, Batman for June, Until Dawn possibly (maybe August) and GoW3 HD for sure in July, then we have MGS5 which I think will be as big as Destiny (PS4 version since it's a heavy skew in this series) even without a price cut which I think there will be.

I am Iron Man

mgsV is before end of september? but i still doubt it

summer is very drough this month and not hard to get anymore anywhere.
all depends on pricecuts.

ill go with 33 - 35m end of 2015

For me, your prediction will have to come down towards the soon price cut. If Sony does announce a pricecut by or during E3, then the prediction is well within within reach. If not, I do see them getring close to 28 million, but I do not think it will get to 30 by September.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

op has little substance, only people that doubted that conservative 17M sold by 2015 were posters that arent educated in console sales

heres some facts or tips that should be in the OP from mar-sept 2014 ps4 sold 5M we know that ps4 sold 20M WW this march it needs to double is 2014 sales for this period, only SW that will push big HW numbers is MGS5 that releases sept 1, selling 5M more than last yr in 7 mounths while there jan-mar 2014v2015 are about the same if not lower for 2015 doesnt look good

last yr had destiny which i believe is a comparable boost to mgs5 will do to ps4 HW sales, barring ps4 doesnt get a cut in this time frame i dont believe it will hit the 30M mark

Play Me

Around the Network
daredevil.shark said:
Ka-pi96 said:
I doubt it. What has it got that can really give it a big enough boost by the end of September? Doing it in November is much more likely.

I know what you mean. But I used an average selling number and multiplied it with remaining weeks. So I think its achievable.

average... for the whole year?  June-August are pretty terrible hardware months... I don't know, I think 28-29 million, but 30 seems slightly too much...

ethomaz said:
fireburn95 said:
Major events:
Bloodborne
China launch
Japan boost weekly
Persona 5
Batman Bundle
GOW3 boost
Holiday boost

How could you forget Snaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake bundles.

A good beginning but not enough, to win Sony needs to bring back...
...(Drumroll)...
...KEVIN BUTLER!!!!!

Otherwise it's d0m3d, it'd be like USA without Chuck Norris.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Let me said a scenario for PS4.
March: 1,500,000
April: 1,000,000
May: 1,000,000
June: 1,500,000
July: 1,000,000
August: 1,000,000
September: 2,000,000

Even with this sales, PS4 will be at 29,200,000...

I doubt it, unless they announce a multitude of games at E3.

Australian Gamer (add me if you like)               
NNID: Maraccuda              
PS Network: Maraccuda           

Maraccuda said:
I doubt it, unless they announce a multitude of games at E3.

Other than third parties we're getting Until Dawn and GoW3 boosts in Summer.  It all depends on price cuts of course.  MGS5 bundle at $350 would give them gangbusters in September and pricecut at Gamescom (even $50) would be cray cray

I am Iron Man