By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Prediction: PS4 will sell 30 million units by September 30, 2015

JRPGfan said:
This actually sounds possible. Not cray cray.

Its gonne be a really close call if it gets over 30mil by then though (it probably wont be my much, IF it does).

To me it comes down to price drop at E3 or wait for holidays.

Around the Network

Depends on when sony anounces the pricecut. If they do it on E3, then without a doubt, if they are holding it for the hollidays then it will not. Lets hope for some good news at E3.

It takes genuine talent to see greatness in yourself despite your absence of genuine talent.

By my calculations it's gonna sit somewhere between 26-28million sold through, if the price cut goes into effect around late august/early september at the latest.

My prediction is 37M shipped by dec 31 20015.

Never will that happen, PS4 must sell around 350-400 K Consoles each and every week until then ! Thats never ever possible, but.....:D

Ka-pi96 said:
Turkish said:
By my calculations it's gonna sit somewhere between 26-28million sold through, if the price cut goes into effect around late august/early september at the latest.

My prediction is 37M shipped by dec 31 20015.

eh? Are you saying you think it will be 26-28m by the end of Sept but 37m by the end of Dec? About 10m sales in Oct-Dec alone?

Eh, yes? It will ship more than 8m in that quarter, possibly close to 9-10 million is what I predict.

Around the Network

It's possible but it's unlikely think. It will need to sell between in 8 and 9 million in the next six months and video game sales usually are slow for three of those months. I think it will be 27 or 28 by 30.

Possible, but I think it's unlikely till November

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Ka-pi96 said:
fireburn95 said:
Major events:
Bloodborne
China launch
Japan boost weekly
Persona 5
Batman Bundle
GOW3 boost
Holiday boost

No mention of FIFA? Despite the fact it will likely provide a bigger boost than most of the things on that list?

Fifa comes out every year though so it's not a difference.  It's like Forza, MLB, or Madden

I am Iron Man

30 seems but to much, but then again OP is the same guy who said 17 million (ended being 18) million by end of last year.. when he made the post 90% of the replies said impossible... many people said 15 million.

psn- tokila

add me, the more the merrier.

It's not going to have something like Destiny come out in September, so I don't see it getting any huge boost like that.

28 million by the end of September. 35 million to end off the year.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287