By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Ex-Rare Thinks Fans Will "Really Like" What Rare's Making & Wants to Work With Rare

Tagged games:

I'm actually really intrigued by Project Ukulele (Playtonic's current project, spiritual succesor to Banjo Kazooie) so I hope that they release that on the PS4.

And I hope Rare's new project is a 3D platformer, and it seems a bit like it is based on the things we heard.

Around the Network

Well we'll find at E3 what they're making and then we can judge whether or not we're happy.

KLXVER said:
Well Nintendo was right to not give them more freedom then...

This would be the logical explanation.

The probable explanation is that he is lying.

shikamaru317 said:

The most recent interview with a Rare dev I read suggested that they still believed in Kinect. I get the feeling they'll be one of the few devs supporting Kinect moving forward, even if it's just supplementary features for controller based games and not Kinect exclusives.

As for HoloLens, it's technically the successor to Kinect, the concept for HoloLens was part of the original Kinect technology pitch in 2007 apparently. I could see Rare supporting it as well, once it's actually available to consumers.

Well if Rare do support Kinect in future, hopefully it is optional or completely seperate from non-Kinect projects. It would be a shame, at least for me, if they announced a new Banjo game at E3, only for them then to have Kinect stuff involved, unless it was completely minimal and optional.

Xenostar said:
So less freedom than nintendo

Was what I was going to say. 'Almost more' = less, exactly the same at most .

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
How do you give almost more? Either it's more or it's not.

I almost lifted more weight than you. You lifted 300 pounds and I lifted 299. Wouldn't it be easier to say "less" or "almost as much"?

Exactly this. It's like i almost drank more beer than you.

I think this is a subtle way of saying MS has them in chains

S.Peelman said:
Xenostar said:
So less freedom than nintendo

Was what I was going to say. 'Almost more' = less, exactly the same at most .

My thoughts exactly.  So it's confirmed that Nintendo treated them better than MS lol.

Nem said:
KLXVER said:
Well Nintendo was right to not give them more freedom then...

This would be the logical explanation.

The probable explanation is that he is lying.

Given that he no longer works for Rare or MS, what reason would he have for lying exactly? 

I presume he means before kinect arrived.

Well with the talent gone, freedom didn't mean much did it? I also doubt it was Rare's decision to keep on making Kinect games into the current gen, MS needed some games for that peripheral.

So yeah, Rare going downhil to me is 80% from the talent leaving and 20% corporate politics. Reason is Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Kameo and PDZ didn't scream "dictated by MS suits" and they weren't even close to being as good as what they did during the N64 days.