By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Iwata: Nintendo Wants To "Suprise Gamers" With NX

Ka-pi96 said:
Sounds bad.

Don't want any surprises, don't want any gimmicks. Just give us a standard console with all the features people expect from consoles these days, great 3rd party support and plenty of good 1st party games. That's all you need to do Nintendo, please don't screw it up.

that sounds boring. besides, having new ideas doesn't stop the console from having the standard, just like wii u. and nintendo can't control what unprofessional 3rd parties do.

Around the Network

This isn't a lot of information. Actually, it's nothing, just like any hardware still in it's codename.

Materia-Blade said:
Ka-pi96 said:
Sounds bad.

Don't want any surprises, don't want any gimmicks. Just give us a standard console with all the features people expect from consoles these days, great 3rd party support and plenty of good 1st party games. That's all you need to do Nintendo, please don't screw it up.

that sounds boring. besides, having new ideas doesn't stop the console from having the standard, just like wii u. and nintendo can't control what unprofessional 3rd parties do.

Wii U would still be selling like crap even with third party ports. The GameCube had plenty of them, people still chose the PS2 and XBox over it. 

I like Nintendo, but if I'm paying $50-$60 for a game and I have a PS4/X1 also ... I'm buying the better version of the game. Even if Nintendo had feature parity in every way but their games ran at 720p versus 1080p for PS4 ... I'd buy the PS4 version every ... single ... time. Fanboy-ism doesn't extend to my wallet. 

Cloudman said:
zorg1000 said:

If the "hardcore" crowd isnt going to buy Nintendo hardware because of its shape then I'm pretty sure there is nothing Nintendo can do to win that crowd.

yeah, I'm kind of confused that the GC did bad. It actually has a lot going for it in terms of game, and it still did bad.

That was because ps2 came a year before and managed to build ground + 3rd parties still being anti professional towards nintendo. the gamecube having better 3rd support than N64 doesn't change that all important multiplats were missing.

Materia-Blade said:
Cloudman said:

yeah, I'm kind of confused that the GC did bad. It actually has a lot going for it in terms of game, and it still did bad.

That was because ps2 came a year before and managed to build ground + 3rd parties still being anti professional towards nintendo. the gamecube having better 3rd support than N64 doesn't change that all important multiplats were missing.

They weren't missing any real multiplats though. They had all the main multiplats. Also doesn't explain why the XBox beat the GameCube as a rush newcomer on top of the PS2. 

Around the Network
Mummelmann said:

"However, if you only expand upon existing hardware, it’s dull"

Perhaps that sentence will put an end to the belief that the Wii U is part of the Nintendo's next big thing. Also; I still don't see any proper evidence that this isn't in fact a console, I still believe that this is the successor to the Wii U and 3DS all in one. I also still believe that it will be released in late 2016, it makes zero sense for a company like Nintendo, or anyone else for that matter, to spend this much time talking about something they'll release in 2-3 years or more, I'm not even sure that that has ever happened in consumer electronics.
They're also letting the recently announced mobile move and NX talk completely overshadow most 3DS and especially Wii U news; none of this is in any way compatible with a view where this is something introduced several years from now and where they intend to keep the 3DS, let alone the Wii U, as a contender on the market for very long.

Spend this much talking? they barely talked.

Surprises can be pleasant or bad.

Considering the WiiU didn't catch on, Nintendo will be sure the NX does. So expect good things.

e=mc^2

Gaming on: PS4 Pro, Switch, SNES Mini, Wii U, PC (i5-7400, GTX 1060)

Soundwave said:
Materia-Blade said:

Wii U would still be selling like crap even with third party ports. The GameCube had plenty of them, people still chose the PS2 and XBox over it. 

I like Nintendo, but if I'm paying $50-$60 for a game and I have a PS4/X1 also ... I'm buying the better version of the game. Even if Nintendo had feature parity in every way but their games ran at 720p versus 1080p for PS4 ... I'd buy the PS4 version every ... single ... time. Fanboy-ism doesn't extend to my wallet. 

If you're going to write things like that, don't bother. the gamecube didn't have "plenty of them",most multiplats skipped it.

Wii U would be the market leader if it had all the 3rd party multiplats ps4/x1 have.

Materia-Blade said:
Soundwave said:

If you're going to write things like that, don't bother. the gamecube didn't have "plenty of them",most multiplats skipped it.

Wii U would be the market leader if it had all the 3rd party multiplats ps4/x1 have.

Do you know what a multiplat is? Which multiplats was the GameCube missing? Madden? SSX? Tony Hawk? Prince of Persia? Beyond Good & Evil? NBA Street? Time Splitters?

Soundwave said:
Materia-Blade said:

Do you know what a multiplat is? Which multiplats was the GameCube missing? Madden? SSX? Tony Hawk? Prince of Persia? Beyond Good & Evil? NBA Street? Time Splitters?

Final Fantasy, street fighter, gta...