By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - On Vita, has Golden Abyss been topped graphically?

Has it been topped?

Yes 38 56.72%

No 29 43.28%

Total:67
curl-6 said:
outlawauron said:
I would put Killzone Mercenary ahead of it. They're very different types of games, but Mercenary was so pretty.

I'm looking up Mercenary now, and while I am a little biased as I prefer the lush colourful look of Uncharted, KZ is pretty darn impressive on Vita.

It looks quite nice in motion too.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I'm going to jump on the Killzone bandwagon with this one :p It's a higher (though dynamic) resolution, more stable, and still manages to impress me more with its graphical quality. I also think Killzone's art quality is more consistent. Both look great in that regard (i'm a sucker for stylized realism), but it feels like UC:GA's art team focused a bit too much time on some areas, and not enough on others. I'd say UC still trumped Killzone on art overall, but being consistently good is easier to praise than being sporadically great.

If they ever make an Uncharted PS4 collection i hope they include GA. I enjoyed it, but it would definitely benefit a lot from being on a home console. The frame-rate was, to put it indelicately, shit.

LBP for the system is no slouch either. Unfortuantely these devs dont seem to want to push these systems like that anymore outside of a few games.

Killzone and Uncharted make me sad. If the vita released with PSP levels of popularity then the games we'd get would be sick and i actually might play handhelds. Not to be though.

oniyide said:
LBP for the system is no slouch either.  Unfortuantely these devs dont seem to want to push these systems like that anymore outside of a few games.

As a Nintendo fan, I am all too familiar with this unfortunate trend.

Will have a look at LBP.

Around the Network

Tearaway looks better than Uncharted imo,although the overall texture work/stage design etc isn't as detailed the amazing image quality just makes it more pleasing to look at in my view.

Devs can make most beautiful game then Golden Abyss but they decided to abandon AAA games on Vita

curl-6 said:
oniyide said:
LBP for the system is no slouch either.  Unfortuantely these devs dont seem to want to push these systems like that anymore outside of a few games.

Will have a look at LBP.

It's why a vita and 3ds successor is so unappealing.  The current hardware is good enough especally when new more powerful handhelds won't be taken advantage of. 

Kerotan said:
curl-6 said:

Will have a look at LBP.

It's why a vita and 3ds successor is so unappealing.  The current hardware is good enough especally when new more powerful handhelds won't be taken advantage of. 

which is why i dont think there will be a follow up to Vita and i dont think there will be one for 3ds either but that is more likely

Kerotan said:

Nintendo just released a new 3DS a few months ago and they (as well as Capcom) are already taking advantage of its additional power.