By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - On Vita, has Golden Abyss been topped graphically?

Has it been topped?

Yes 38 56.72%

No 29 43.28%

Total:67

Revelations 2 might top this

Around the Network
Ruler said:

is that actually coming to the Vita tho? seen the bundle and preorder stuff from the psn store mentioning you can buy the full ps3/ps4 versions but no mention of the handheld version there.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Forgot that I don't own Killzone. Need to fox that problem, ASAP.

ganoncrotch said:
Ruler said:

is that actually coming to the Vita tho? seen the bundle and preorder stuff from the psn store mentioning you can buy the full ps3/ps4 versions but no mention of the handheld version there.

It is coming. Sony are porting rather than Capcom.

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

I'd honestly say it was beaten twice. At launch, I feel WipEout 2048 is the best looking game purely because it's native resolution alongside looking stunning. I'll have to dredge up some of my screenshots of that game but it's seriously impressive.

Then it was beaten again a year later by Killzone Mercenary, which is hands down the most technically impressive game I've seen on a handheld. Literally the only thing I can fault about it is some funky textures on rocks on a certain multiplayer map that I can't remember the name of.

Uncharted Golden Abyss was a very good looking game. But the sub-native resolution really hurt it along with some really weird effects like the pixelated fires and stuff like that.

Around the Network

Killzon looks better, much better AA, effects and resolution. Such a shame it didn't arrive earlier in the Vita's life.

Kresnik said:
I'd honestly say it was beaten twice. At launch, I feel WipEout 2048 is the best looking game purely because it's native resolution alongside looking stunning. I'll have to dredge up some of my screenshots of that game but it's seriously impressive.

Then it was beaten again a year later by Killzone Mercenary, which is hands down the most technically impressive game I've seen on a handheld. Literally the only thing I can fault about it is some funky textures on rocks on a certain multiplayer map that I can't remember the name of.

Uncharted Golden Abyss was a very good looking game. But the sub-native resolution really hurt it along with some really weird effects like the pixelated fires and stuff like that.

All of this. 

I Forgot about Wipeout! Also LBP wasn't a slouch either.

Well, Dragon's Crown looks beautiful, and it's technically impressive as well!

d21lewis said:

Be careful if you think of getting it digitally, file size warns that you need at least an 8gb mem card to download the game fully so just keep it in mind if you see it cheap on the store at a point, might save yourself a few euros but cost yourself 20 worth of mem card space lol.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

ganoncrotch said:
d21lewis said:

Be careful if you think of getting it digitally, file size warns that you need at least an 8gb mem card to download the game fully so just keep it in mind if you see it cheap on the store at a point, might save yourself a few euros but cost yourself 20 worth of mem card space lol.

Yeah, they had it on sale a while back.  I have a 32GB card thats like 99% full (games, apps, etc) and an 8GB card that's like 100% full (DBZ episodes).  I couldn't even download free Vita games like Oddworld Stranger.  I only buy retail nowadays.  Sucks since they have good deals on PSN from time to time.  Gonna have to hit amazon.com since my local stores never have KZ in stock.