By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Is the XBO version of FFXV a mistake?

Turkish said:

I'm kinda wondering whether SE thinks the Xbox One version was a mistake. The DF analysis of the Episode Duscae demo is out and the XBO version falls very short of the PS4 version technically.

There is still plenty of time to optimize the X1 version before release. The PS4 version is obviously the focus so they're going to spend more time/money with that version.

Several games have manage to boost the resolution and performance just before or after release. I'm fine with 720p, but I hope they get that frame rate to a stable 30 fps.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

Well, I can promise you that if you a fan of this series, you want the best version Especially if you own both. The PS4 version is a no brainer.

Chazore said:
whatever said:

I really loathe when people bring the PC into a discussion about console as if it's in any way relevant.

When you talk about another system being inferior and graphics, then PC will come into play, the current gen systems are more like PC more than ever, get with it or get out basically, you want to loathe me then come out and say it, I just find it petty and childish to see him demeaning the other userbase calling their system inferior when theirs is just as inferior.

not if we are comparing Xbox One and PS4 you have to read  discussion in comparing both "console  platform" especially on games that at least for now "not coming to PC ". and even current consoles architecture based on x86 it work far differently with standard  PC, so you cannot " directly compared"  PC and consoles.

S.T.A.G.E. said:

Its obvious that Microsoft paid Square Enix to break contract so I am sure SE is just fine with it. It will most likely be sold anywhere but Japan. The name change is most likely the result of a break in the exclusivity contract to so Microsoft could get the game as well. Microsoft knew they couldn't lose this game.

It's just common sense. Sony should've paid SE to keep it exclusive and you know how Sony is about moneyhatting most Japanese games, they just wont do it. Microsoft is willing to pay for the good ones so they broke it.

That relationship probably made it pretty easy for MS to moneyhat SE again with Rise of the Tomb Raider.

Fanboyism can lead to a lack of reasoning. This will only allow the game to sell more and what Square wants is more money for their efforts. Just be happy you're playing it on your console choice.

Sounds like you're speculating. Maybe Sony wasn't interested in paying for exclusivity since they already have a vast majority of Final Fantasy fans.

Final Fantasy XIII sold 2+ million on the 360. Also, FFXV looks like its designed to appeal to western gamers. So putting it on X1 seems like a port worth doing.

Hence, if Sony wants FFXV exclusively they need to compensate SE for potential profits that would be lost from a X1 port. If MS is giving SE any money, its probably financial assistance for the port.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:
Chazore said:

When you talk about another system being inferior and graphics, then PC will come into play, the current gen systems are more like PC more than ever, get with it or get out basically, you want to loathe me then come out and say it, I just find it petty and childish to see him demeaning the other userbase calling their system inferior when theirs is just as inferior.

not if we are comparing Xbox One and PS4 you have to read  discussion in comparing both "console  platform" especially on games that at least for now "not coming to PC ". and even current consoles architecture based on x86 it work far differently with standard  PC, so you cannot " directly compared"  PC and consoles.

PC is relevant. If people want to bang on about 'superior' graphics or pixel counts or whatever then they should actually have the best. If they don't then they should expect to be told their platform is inferior just as much as they tell that to everyone else.

PC is irelevant. If people want to bang on about 'superior' graphics or pixel counts or whatever then they should actually have the best consoles (becuase the game is on consoles, consoles is not PC, and we comparing consoles ). If they don't then they should expect to be told their platform is inferior just as much as they tell that to everyone else.

Around the Network

If SE makes a profit from the game being on the xbone then it wasn't a mistake. If they don't, then final fantasy XVI will probably be an exclusive.

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

PC is relevant. If people want to bang on about 'superior' graphics or pixel counts or whatever then they should actually have the best. If they don't then they should expect to be told their platform is inferior just as much as they tell that to everyone else.

PC is irelevant. If people want to bang on about 'superior' graphics or pixel counts or whatever then they should actually have the best consoles (becuase the game is on consoles, consoles is not PC, and we comparing consoles ). If they don't then they should expect to be told their platform is inferior just as much as they tell that to everyone else.

This game isn't on PC... yet. I'd be willing to bet that it will be sooner or later though.

Besides, these 'pixel war' arguments seem to come up with pretty much every game, most of which are on the PC.

then you should find time machine and go back to the future , if there is such a future. But then again you failed to give a good reason why you insist to bring PC argument to consoles from all prespective.

Ka-pi96 said:
HollyGamer said:
Ka-pi96 said:

This game isn't on PC... yet. I'd be willing to bet that it will be sooner or later though.

Besides, these 'pixel war' arguments seem to come up with pretty much every game, most of which are on the PC.

Only time will tell.

As of right now there is no PC version.

Current Consoles: PS3, PS4, Wii U

PC Specs: i7-4770, GTX 560 Ti, 12GB 1600Mhz DDR3

Well, there's never really such thing as a mistake when it comes to multiplatform games.

It makes a hell of a lot more sense than other 3rd party exclusives though.

TiagoCosta said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Sony doesn't have to pay for Japanese exclusives but sometimes they publish them (like they do for co-development initiatives from level 5 or From Software). They are marketed to Japan and Playstation is the platform of choice for a lot of those RPG's. Microsoft is an outside so they have to pay and even then games like Lost Odyssey didnt even hit a million even though they were amazing. If Sakaguchi and Sony ever were to bury the hatchet, Square Enix would rule the day they lost the father of Final Fantasy.

Not the point in question, I'm not even defending Microsoft. 

Sony doesn't even have to try I know all that, but I read "Microsoft won't invest, contrary to Sony" 

free exclusives isn't a investment, not here in Portugal nor all the in Japan.

pretty sure you read how I feel about Spencer.

For them to say Microsoft wont invest is stupid, because they do. For them to say Microsoft should invest deeper would help because it would grow a base of both western and eastern Japanese fanatics on the Xbox kind of like what is occuring with Killer Instinct on the Xbox One right now in the FGC. Westerners appreciate Japanese games too and the ones living in Japan will buy more Xbox. Penetrate enough of the fanbase and others will come. They should work harder to get the japanese exclusive games to come to the US that are exclusive to Japan and have their sales accompany Sony's sales as multiplats because Sony doesn't have to work for them. Sony has been slouching with Japan. When I was a kid Sony developed and invested in their own RPG's as well as made a space where RPG's could thrive on the original Playstation.

As for Spencer, the guy is amazing.