By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

Nate4Drake said:
mornelithe said:

No, that's how you evaluate a game.  I prefer reviewers who give the entire picture, not just the parts they're interested in.  That's the difference between a player, and a reviewer.  A player may not care for the MP portion, or the SP portion, but a reviewer is paid to review both portions.  Not meant as a slight toward you, by the way, I expect reviewers to put a bit more effort into their work, than an average player.  That's all.

Not necessarily true.  Some reviewers are serious while others are not; sometimes it's more reliable the opinion of an experienced player than a so called 'professional reviewer';  you never know. It depends from case to case.

Having a sense of humor shouldn't really diminish the amount of reviewing you're doing though.  It's fine not being hugely serious, that's quite alright, but skipping big chunks of the game, and applying a score, seems awfully shoddy.  Remember, the Chalice dungeons are a large part of the replability of the game.

Around the Network
bigjon said:
Just called GameSpot they said I can.pick up the game at 6:01 pm! Going to hit that up on the way home from work. This is when living in Hawaii helps in gaming. If lived on the east coast I would have to.wait til.after.work Tuesday.

So you just go into their offices and pick it up...?

Gaf is melting as expected

/v/ is about to have the biggest shitstorm ever created by any anon.

At least here we can have a civilized conversation......right?!

mornelithe said:

Having a sense of humor shouldn't really diminish the amount of reviewing you're doing though.  It's fine not being hugely serious, that's quite alright, but skipping big chunks of the game, and applying a score, seems awfully shoddy.  Remember, the Chalice dungeons are a large part of the replability of the game.

I'm not sure about that way of thinking. I would give Borderlands 2 a 10/10 but I never played multiplayer because I don't like multiplayer. Does that mean I should pretend I didn't think the singleplayer was a 10/10 and artificially reduce the score?

The PS5 Exists. 

Some stats to be going on with:

And Bloodborne is trending:

The PS5 Exists. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

I'm not sure about that way of thinking. I would give Borderlands 2 a 10/10 but I never played multiplayer because I don't like multiplayer. Does that mean I should pretend I didn't think the singleplayer was a 10/10 and artificially reduce the score?

Again, why is it so difficult to understand the distinction between a gaming enthusiast, and someone paid to review games?  

mornelithe said:

Again, why is it so difficult to understand the distinction between a gaming enthusiast, and someone paid to review games?  

It's not, but if I was going to buy Bloodborne based on what someone said, I would sooner base it on a Souls enthusiast than a paid reviewer. Souls enthusiasts are every bit as critical -- and in most cases more so -- then your average reviewer (who could also be a souls enthusiast by the way).

The PS5 Exists. 

how much time left guys? i have papers to read!

OttoniBastos said:
how much time left guys? i have papers to read!

I keep refreshing GAF but still no review thread.

The PS5 Exists. 

GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

It's not, but if I was going to buy Bloodborne based on what someone said, I would sooner base it on a Souls enthusiast than a paid reviewer. Souls enthusiasts are every bit as critical -- and in most cases more so -- then your average reviewer (who could also be a souls enthusiast by the way).

Souls enthusiasts typically don't get review copies, just because they're enthusiasts, however.