By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bloodborne Review Thread - MetaCritic 93% ~ GameRankings 91.47%

mornelithe said:

No, that's how you evaluate a game.  I prefer reviewers who give the entire picture, not just the parts they're interested in.  That's the difference between a player, and a reviewer.  A player may not care for the MP portion, or the SP portion, but a reviewer is paid to review both portions.  Not meant as a slight toward you, by the way, I expect reviewers to put a bit more effort into their work, than an average player.  That's all.

I seriously dont understand how MP beeing bad could detract anything from a mostly single player game. Its like playing Batman Arkhan City loving the game than going to MP and thinking its trash and giving it an 8 cause you docked 1 point due to bad MP, just say MP is bad and advise ppl to stay away from it and give it the 9 it should get after all it is a SP game.

I can see how a Souls game is different in the fact that MP is entwined in its experience more so than any other SP game, but it is still an SP game in its core, and when someone evaluates it from the SP experience alone theyre not doing anything wrong. If its a 9.5 without MP its either a 9.5 or better with MP cause the MP could be trash the SP experience wouldnt loose anythign from it is all IM saying. 

Around the Network
GribbleGrunger said:

Good sign or bad sign?

Very good, why would you want to write a lot about a game if it's bad ?

But then, it's a test without online ? and without chalice donjon ?

Namiirei said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Good sign or bad sign?

Very good, why would you want to write a lot about a game if it's bad ?

But then, it's a test without online ? and without chalice donjon ?

Ppl who have gotten the game early have been doing Chalice Dungeons so I guess those are there already, the pre set ones are at least, maybe the random ones arent I dont realy understand how the chalice dungeons work...

KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Good sign or bad sign?

Good. Why go on and on about a bad game?

i hope you are right, ive never been this anxious about a review score, i mean i personally will play it regardless of the score it gets (afterall im currently playing a game that has a 55 metacritic score... so i have no problem with scores affecting my enjoyment in games), but i really want this game to do good since in my opinion it looks like the most interesting "Souls" game to date, and i love the new focus on combat instead of defense, and if this game does well it could pull off a Demons Souls and initiate the "Blood" series which would be like souls games but more focused on combat, which is something i would really like, since then we would have the "Souls" and "Blood" series to look forward in the future.

deskpro2k3 said:
I want to see all the gaf gifs.

LOL same here

Around the Network
estebxx said:
KLXVER said:
GribbleGrunger said:

Good sign or bad sign?

Good. Why go on and on about a bad game?

i hope you are right, ive never been this anxious about a review score, i mean i personally will play it regardless of the score it gets (afterall im currently playing a game that has a 55 metacritic score... so i have no problem with scores affecting my enjoyment in games), but i really want this game to do good since in my opinion it looks like the most interesting "Souls" game to date, and i love the new focus on combat instead of defense, and if this game does well it could pull off a Demons Souls and initiate the "Blood" series which would be like souls games but more focused on combat, which is something i would really like, since then we would have the "Souls" and "Blood" series to look forward in the future.

I'm curious, what game is it that you're playing :P

What so the embargo lifts at 7PM Pacific? damn I was hoping for 7PM Eastern.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

I and most of my friends bought the game yesterday :p. Our retailers always release games earlier than they're supposed to.

DexInDaJungle said:
estebxx said:

its not for everyone, but if you enjoy Games, Anime, and have no problem with some overused anime cliches then you might enjoy this game more than you thought, the combat system is not the most amazing thing ever done, but its deep enough and with enough systems to make it really enjoyable, not to mention the ammount of Special Attacks, EX attacks, Combination, Coupling and Formation Attacks it has.

estebxx said:
DexInDaJungle said:
estebxx said:

its not for everyone, but if you enjoy Games, Anime, and have no problem with some overused anime cliches then you might enjoy this game more than you thought, the combat system is not the most amazing thing ever done, but its deep enough and with enough systems to make it really enjoyable, not to mention the ammount of Special Attacks, EX attacks, Combination, Coupling and Formation Attacks it has.

Is that the game where characters represent different consoles and handhelds?