By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Ninty Mobile plans, stock up by 55% at close after 2 days.

Tagged games:

I ve all ready said it before. No matter what Nintendo does,they will be shit on and be doomed. They cant win,ever

NND: 0047-7271-7918 | XBL: Nights illusion | PSN: GameNChick

Around the Network

70%? I don't think that's right.

If its 70% then Holy shit but I doubt it XD

Bets:

(Won)Bet with TechoHobbit: He(Techno) says 10 million by January 1,2014 I say 9 million by then. Winner gets 2 weeks of sig control.

(Lost)Bet with kinisking: I say Ps4 will win April NPD while he says Xbox One will win it; winner gets 1 week of avatar control.

Raichu's First Series:

First RPG?

First Fighter?

First Racer?

First Shooter?

First MMO?

First Horror?

Official Ni No Kuni Fanboy:

Familiars Captured:37

Game Beaten: 2 times almost

Times I got teary during some scenes: 3

OfficerRaichu15 said:
If its 70% then Holy shit but I doubt it XD

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=7155044

It was at 70% since the conference! :-O

It seems to have dropped by a few percentage now (22.150 vs 23.9).

t3mporary_126 said:
kowenicki said:

70% is two days.

from 14.2 to 23.9

Oh wow that's crazy!

Oh and obligatory photo editing:

I love you so much for that 

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kinisking said:
t3mporary_126 said:

Oh wow that's crazy!

Oh and obligatory photo editing:

I love you so much for that 

Thanks! I'm glad you and others enjoyed it!

kowenicki said:
justiceiro said:
kowenicki said:
justiceiro said:
If in any way this make them spend more workforce and money on making mobile games instead of consoles games, so this is really the dead of nintendo for me.

Nintendo arent making the games.  They are licensing the IP to DeNA.  Its a win-win.

Its a cash cow.  Hence massive stock rise.

Did you know that on that movie, wreck it half, nintendo actually send someone to say how bowser was supposed to llok when drinking tea?

Hyrule warrior was a third party licensed game, anouma and even a man as busy as myamoto still worked on it, bayonetta 2 was under supervision of menber of SPD, just like devils third is too.

Do you guys know nintendo? Do you know how much control they demand to have in everything that has theirs names? Do you think that they will just let them have the ip and give them some money, without actually looking on what they are making? Don't you think that thoose same people could actually be working with another companies to amke more games for the consoles? do you think that they will send some random young guys to tell how thing must be done, or they will send someone that they really trhust after years on a senior posistion?

The first games will make a lot of sucess, and them what? They will not need more money to make a beter games?

Read this: http://www.wired.com/2015/03/nintendo-mobile-analysis/

Of course, there a lot of if, but in the same way that amiibo have close to no impact on selling more wiiu's and 3DS, nor do i believe that will help the main line console of nintendo at all,  unless nintendo do a really good of marketing using those games, but nintendo does good marketing?

They will have sign off control no doubt.  But this will mark a change for them imo.  They will loosen the reigns and makes shit tons of cash from it.

The very fact they are allowing this at all tells me things are changing.

Yes, i agree with this. Fans are just worried that those changes doesn't mean good thing for us, necessarily.

"Hardware design isn’t about making the most powerful thing you can.
Today most hardware design is left to other companies, but when you make hardware without taking into account the needs of the eventual software developers, you end up with bloated hardware full of pointless excess. From the outset one must consider design from both a hardware and software perspective."

Gunpei Yoko

Tell me that title is wrong?? It was only 30% like a day ago O_O
How is this happening

Soundwave said:
fps_d0minat0r said:

Why I think its a bad move:

1) They will have to sell their games for a lower price if they want people to buy it

2) Despite the price, most players will still be running pirated copies... Something which they cant sue someone for (like they could the R4 people if it were on their own handheld)

3) If those games dont turn out good its obviously a problem. If they do turn out good, its an even bigger problem for their handheld console, and possibly even their home console considering nintendo games are "not about graphics"... people would just get the cheaper/pirated phone versions instead.

edit: and I think nintendo stock will drop below to what it was before this announcement once they release the first few games on mobile.

How many people seriously pirate iOS/Android games? Maybe some tech nerds, but most purchases are legitimately, besides it's kinda stupid to pirate something that costs 99 cents or is free to play. 

IMO, the reverse of what you predict will happen. Their stock will go even higher when their first games come up and have several million users in a week. 

EA's Sim City had something like 22 million users after one month on iOS/Android. 

Monument Valley, which was a hugely successful $1.99 mobile game had:

95% piracy on Android

60% piracy on iOS

http://venturebeat.com/2015/01/05/monument-valley-developer-only-5-of-android-installs-were-paid-for/

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Some people are scared if Nintendo's mobile plans are a success then Nintendo will "give up on dedicated gaming systems and just go mobile exclusive"

But that's not what Nintendo wants to do, they want to be bigger, not smaller. If the Nintendo NX and Nintendo's mobile plans are a success, that means they could put more money in they're dedicated gaming systems.