By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo and mobile company DeNA form alliance, will make apps featuring Nintendo IP

Materia-Blade said:
Burek said:
I just want to say that I love this news.
My 2 1/2 year old daughter has really started to dominate Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds on the phone. There was a plan to buy a 3DS for her next year, but now I don't have to. She can now enjoy Nintendo games without much investment, saving on the console, and not having to pay €40 for each game.

I love this news, I need to repeat myself.

you won't be getting any 3ds game or similar on smartphones.

Ya, and infact it will take a bit for this partnership to take into effect. Honestly if you are missing on the 3DS because of this move, I feel bad, because well...you are missing out.

Around the Network
KingdomHeartsFan said:

As long as they continue to support dedicated gaming consoles and the development of these mobile games doesn't impact the development of console games then I don't care.  The profits they make from mobile are just gonna be used to fund AAA games.

That's exactly what is going to happen, since they clearly said mobile won't get ports from handhelds/ home consoles.

morenoingrato said:
This could be the beginning of the end.

More likely to greatness..

(do you think Nintendo do this for fun.. or do you honestly believe you know Nintendo's consumers better than... Nintendo.. LOL)

Ontopic:

* Nintendo will make "special for smart devices" games and apps. (and this means not only phones, but also tablets and tv's)

* Nintendo will make a online membership service across all platforms

This is the bomb..INSANE.. I'm one of the biggest fan of Nintendo.. And this is the right road.. take controll over the "real" casual marked.. more than 2 billion potential consumers.. (and that way show a litle bit of Nintendo dedicated)

And an universal acount system across all platform.. are also one of the thing we have waitet for (And I can easily see things like.. Mariomaker levels be playable on other platform like 3ds. smartphones and tv's)

Same time he said that Nintendo will probely show a new "platform" next year.. (we know they would at some point.. but still nice)

No matter how the "not likers" spin it.. THIS IS THE BOMB.. And I Can't wait for E3.. 

Before all that, they should put their shit together and fix the game ownership to tie it with an NNID.... Casual players changes phone every day, they won't be happy to buy it for every single piece of hardware.

And they better move their lazy ass and do that for all plataforms, I am not happy buying Link to the past every year.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

As long as this doesnt effect their console side of things Im good. But, Nintendo have a certain reputation to keep, and they better amke sure those mobile games are up to their own standards. What these new games need to do is have great gameplay, NO p2w or microtransations (thats unnecessery) and have great controls. I think its a good sign to hear that no porting will take place, which means that theyre optimizing the games and game play and controls for mobile. But they better make quality games!

I'm on Twitter @DanneSandin!

Furthermore, I think VGChartz should add a "Like"-button.

Around the Network
Skidmore said:
Before all that, they should put their shit together and fix the game ownership to tie it with an NNID.... Casual players changes phone every day, they won't be happy to buy it for every single piece of hardware.

And they better move their lazy ass and do that for all plataforms, I am not happy buying Link to the past every year.

They said they will make it.. across all platforms.. this year.. so releax :)

naruball said:
Anyone with some business sense could see that this was bound to happen.

I kept reading that Ninty has 10 billion dollars in the bank, that they have nothing to worry, that they are happy with wiiu/3ds sales, that there is no way it will go 3rd party (that Sony will go 3rd party first, since they're already releasing games for mobile phones), etc. That, to me, made no sense. When a company is not doing well, they're not gonna sit there and keep losing money or keep making tiny profits when there is a possibility to make much more.

People called this and they were right. Now, whether this will be handled well by Ninty and be successful in the end is another story. I see it as a step towards the right direction for now.

what are you talking about? nintendo isn't going third party. also, people didn't call this. People said nintendo would go totally mobile/3rd party with their full fledged games, wich won't happen.

FromDK said:
Skidmore said:

They said they will make it.. across all platforms.. this year.. so releax :)

Glad to hear, and when that time comes, I will start throwing more money at Nintendo.

NNID: MagicalLight

FC: 4124 - 5888 - 4804

Mr Khan said:
Captain_Tom said:
All I can say: HAHAHAHAHA I TOLD ALL OF YOU!!!

A man who's next ban will be for 30 days should not conduct himself thus.

All I said is "I told you so."  No insulting, just facts.

I hate to see nintendo going that route. Not even sony did this despite the vita flopping, you dont see little big planet, tear away, gravity rush or uncharted on iOS. I hope sony is smart enough to not devaluing their brand.