By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179
Wyrdness said:

Except not even the industry has delivered right out of the gates which highlights inconsistent expectations here especially as you yourself touted the industry, B2's ambition is to it's high octane action which no other action title right now touches apart from W101 another Wii U exclusive. PG aren't first party yes but Nintendo are the only ones who wanted B2 to exist highlighting their ambition for the U to have such games. You're also arguing subjectives here as SM3DW is still one of the best games this gen hands down, falling short of the Galaxy duo is not even an issue as they're the highest rated platform titles in history, it's like complaining Last of Us falls short of Uncharted 2 or Half-Life 2 falls short of the original for an example when they're all great games above the majority, this doesn't bolster your point on ambition at all as the game you don't prefer as much is still one of the gen's greats.

Have you yourself notice how the are few dedicated 8th gen titles? You know why? Because to meet the ambition it takes a lot of time and development and the AAA culture of the industry to drive these ambitions costs a fortune that is why the 7th gen is still alive now and will be for a while. Don't get it twisted people buy consoles for great games not for ambition and that's why the U is unique in that it's great games are exclusive to it, I don't care for what the ambition behind games like W101 or Pikmin was as all that matters to me and any other person is how well it plays, I'd rather have such games then ambitious titles like Destiny that are mediocre.

Are you actually reading my posts? Because you're circling back to things I've already covered.

I touted what the industry had done prior to the WiiU's release. I was pointing out how strong the foundation for HD development already was when Nintendo released the WiiU, yet they've been slower to utilize it properly than those that started from scratch almost a decade ago. There's really no excuse for that. Even now, over 2 years since its release, Nintendo's lack of ambition continues to be highlighted by titles releasing on the PS3 and 360 (such as Dragon Age: Inquisition). It's not that expensive to match the ambition of 7th gen titles. Heck, many of Nintendo's Wii titles hit close to the mark, despite much weaker hardware.

I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent expectations either, because my last post literally ends with me discussing people's disappointment towards the focus on cross gen titles on the PS4 and X1 (though fortunately that's changing rapidly). My overall expectations are certainly slightly different for them, since i'm expecting them to tread new ground rather than waiting for them to catch up to 7th gen standards, but I've hardly been quiet in my criticisms of the PS4 and X1's slower than expected pace.

Quality is really not relevant to this discussion. 3D World would have been just as good on the Wii. Pikmin 3 would have been just as good on the Wii. DK:TF would have been just as good on the Wii. NSMBU would have been just as good on the Wii. The list covers almost every WiiU title. XCX on the other hand would be dramatically limited by the Wii. Notice the difference? The former don't give the WiiU any reason to exist (outside of shiner visuals). The latter does. Unfortunately it's taken Nintendo 3 years to arrive at that point. I wish they'd have just supported the Wii for longer and released the WiiU when they were actually ready. It would likely be selling better than it is now.

Regardless, i'm going to end this discussion here. Your looping tells me you don't really have a way to dispute my disappointment about the WiiU's inability to justify its existence, which leads me to believe you actually can't. We shall simply have to agree to disagree ^^

Around the Network
Cloudman said:
Paatar said:

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

Considering how long an AC game can be played, 2 to 3 years doesn`t seem a lot of time for a new game. It`d make more sense if it released earlier in the console`s life, so people can get more out of it.

What's stopping people from keeping playing?

Zekkyou said:
Wyrdness said:

Isn't the point of a console is to have great games? I'd rather have a number of great games with a few ambitious games (that are great as well) here and there then a load of Ambitious but mediocre to decent games. Given how the industry itself has yet to deliver on any ambitious title barring this gen outside of the Wii U imo which already has a title in Bayonetta 2 I further stand by my view in this regard especially as the best ambitious game out from the industry in the past has been a remaster in GTAV.

Yes, and the point of charging people hundreds of dollars for better hardware is to use that hardware to deliver new experiences, not to step into the shadow of your predecessor. The closest thing to ambition we've had on the WiiU is Bayonetta 2 (though B2's ambition is mostly limited to visual scale), and that not only wasn't developed by Nintendo, but still released almost 2 years after launch.

As curl-6 said, they should have started delivering such experiences right out of the gate. Instead we've been given HD Wii/3DS titles.

Have you noticed how many people have been complaining about the number of cross-gen releases on the PS4 and X1? Such titles usually provide little in the way of next-gen ambition (there are exceptions like Shadow of Mordor, that's 7th gen version was barley able to keep up), thus do little to justify either console. That's why we see people actively celebrating when a title is 8th gen only (such as The Witcher 3). Those are the games that have a chance of providing experiences that couldn't be fully realized on the PS3 and 360. Those are what people bought a PS4 and X1 for. The same applies to the WiiU.

If you think that, then ps4/x1 only got hd hd ps2 titles.

Seriously, how can someone say that wii u games are hd wii/3ds titles?

Materia-Blade said:
Zekkyou said:
Wyrdness said:

Isn't the point of a console is to have great games? I'd rather have a number of great games with a few ambitious games (that are great as well) here and there then a load of Ambitious but mediocre to decent games. Given how the industry itself has yet to deliver on any ambitious title barring this gen outside of the Wii U imo which already has a title in Bayonetta 2 I further stand by my view in this regard especially as the best ambitious game out from the industry in the past has been a remaster in GTAV.

Yes, and the point of charging people hundreds of dollars for better hardware is to use that hardware to deliver new experiences, not to step into the shadow of your predecessor. The closest thing to ambition we've had on the WiiU is Bayonetta 2 (though B2's ambition is mostly limited to visual scale), and that not only wasn't developed by Nintendo, but still released almost 2 years after launch.

As curl-6 said, they should have started delivering such experiences right out of the gate. Instead we've been given HD Wii/3DS titles.

Have you noticed how many people have been complaining about the number of cross-gen releases on the PS4 and X1? Such titles usually provide little in the way of next-gen ambition (there are exceptions like Shadow of Mordor, that's 7th gen version was barley able to keep up), thus do little to justify either console. That's why we see people actively celebrating when a title is 8th gen only (such as The Witcher 3). Those are the games that have a chance of providing experiences that couldn't be fully realized on the PS3 and 360. Those are what people bought a PS4 and X1 for. The same applies to the WiiU.

Someone who's never played a 3DS game in his life I reckon.

Zekkyou said:

Are you actually reading my posts? Because you're circling back to things I've already covered.

I touted what the industry had done prior to the WiiU's release. I was pointing out how strong the foundation for HD development already was when Nintendo released the WiiU, yet they've been slower to utilize it properly than those that started from scratch almost a decade ago. There's really no excuse for that. Even now, over 2 years since its release, Nintendo's lack of ambition continues to be highlighted by titles releasing on the PS3 and 360 (such as Dragon Age: Inquisition). It's not that expensive to match the ambition of 7th gen titles. Heck, many of Nintendo's Wii titles hit close to the mark, despite much weaker hardware.

I'm not sure what you mean by inconsistent expectations either, because my last post literally ends with me discussing people's disappointment towards the focus on cross gen titles on the PS4 and X1 (though fortunately that's changing rapidly). My overall expectations are certainly slightly different for them, since i'm expecting them to tread new ground rather than waiting for them to catch up to 7th gen standards, but I've hardly been quiet in my criticisms of the PS4 and X1's slower than expected pace.

Quality is really not relevant to this discussion. 3D World would have been just as good on the Wii. Pikmin 3 would have been just as good on the Wii. DK:TF would have been just as good on the Wii. NSMBU would have been just as good on the Wii. The list covers almost every WiiU title. XCX on the other hand would be dramatically limited by the Wii. Notice the difference? The former don't give the WiiU any reason to exist (outside of shiner visuals). The latter does. Unfortunately it's taken Nintendo 3 years to arrive at that point. I wish they'd have just supported the Wii for longer and released the WiiU when they were actually ready. It would likely be selling better than it is now.

Regardless, i'm going to end this discussion here. Your looping tells me you don't really have a way to dispute my disappointment about the WiiU's inability to justify its existence, which leads me to believe you actually can't. We shall simply have to agree to disagree ^^

No, nintendo was the fastest learner of hd development.

can you prove 3d world/pikmin... would be just as good on wii? As I previouly mentioned, with that logic you can say ps4/x1 games would be just as good on ps2.

Around the Network
Materia-Blade said:

'HD Wii/3DS' is curl-6's wording, but i think it fits. There's very little titles like 3D World do that couldn't be done on the Wii, bar graphics (looking at how much grander Galaxy was should prove that. Not to mention 3D Land, which is already mechanically very similar to 3D World). Games like XCX on the other hand would be severely limited by the Wii. Unfortunately it's taken Nintendo rather a long time to hit the latter's mark.

Feel free to read through my and Wyrdness's discussion, but i have absolutely no interest in continuing the debate (it's started circling). You can quote my posts if you like, but i'm not likely to reply ^^;

E3 2015 for sure.

leedlelee said:
DerpSandwich said:
Probably this E3. I hope not, though. The series fits best on handhelds in my opinion, and it doesn't feel like it's been that long since New Leaf. They should focus on stuff that's new and exciting instead of giving us yet another game we can already play on 3DS.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll really re-think the series and take advantage of the hardware. There's so much they could do with online functionality.

I would love to see an Animal Crossing with realistic character models...

I think that could be really cool...

Since it will be a Wii U game i think the model will be based on SSB so i think it will be something like this

i am hoping for a customizable characters though.... but since it is nintendo.... no characters cant be customizable unless there is one generation that makes you choose a female or male character

Cloudman said:
Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
I actually believe there won't be an AC game on the Wii U. It seems too late to have one on this console, unless they plan to continue the Wii U for a little longer. Though if they announce it, then cool : )

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

Considering how long an AC game can be played, 2 to 3 years doesn`t seem a lot of time for a new game. It`d make more sense if it released earlier in the console`s life, so people can get more out of it.

Just because a console isn't being sold anymore does not mean you have to stop using it. :)

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Zekkyou said:

I've read what you posted and it's inconsistent,  360 launched 2005 yet we didn't get highly ambitious titles until 2008 which is about the same amount of time Nintendo has taken highlighting what you're saying in some of your points is from a skewered point of view hence the inconsistencies. For the first 4 years of HD ambitious games were far and few as the industry learnt the trade which is why 7th gen has lasted for so long. It is expensive to do ambitious projects why do you think many of them are AAA projects with the aim of being big hits, comparing 7th gen to 8th gen is such a flawed argument in the context you're using as the tools and tricks are already figured out and available for 360 and PS3 allowing development to be more efficient. The 8th gen is still early in with all of the tools still being created and tricks still being refined, it took 4 to 5 years for the industry to get going on the 360 and PS3 for example.

Quality is relevant especially in the context you're pushing on reasons to buy a console, no matter how ambitious a game is it's quality is always the major factor in the end, explain how Nintendo would have been able to do 4 player SM3DW on the Wii? explain how W101 would have worked on the Wii while rendering everything it does as even 7th gens would struggle? How would you get 8 players in Smash on the Wii? These are a few flaws in the stance you're pressing, ambition is also not just about pushing the hardware ambition can also be pushing a concept like W101 is an action title like no other.