By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - When do you think Animal Crossing U will be revealed?

When will Nintendo show Animal Crossing U?

In a direct before E3 16 8.94%

During E3 128 71.51%

Never 35 19.55%

Total:179
zorg1000 said:
curl-6 said:

Zelda U and XCX are indeed ambitious, but they need more like that. As for Splatoon, we'll have to wait and see.

Well u admit that Nintendo does make some ambitious titles so u just contradicted ur reason for ruling out a Metroid game

No I didn't; it is rare for Nintendo to invest in an ambitious project like HD Metroid would be, so based on that I'm not confident it's coming.

Around the Network
mtachi said:
Probably at E3... most likely, even though I hope they leave the series on handhelds.

It'lll never stay on handhelds. It started on the Gamecube and since then they have been rotating each game.

1st game home console

2nd game mobile console (DS)

3rd game home console (Wii)

4th game mobile console (3DS)

the 5th one will be home console.

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Cloudman said:
I actually believe there won't be an AC game on the Wii U. It seems too late to have one on this console, unless they plan to continue the Wii U for a little longer. Though if they announce it, then cool : )

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

[Switch Friend code: 3909-3991-4970]

[Xbox Live: JissuWolfe]

[PSN: Jissu]

Wyrdness said:
Zekkyou said:

This has been my biggest complaint against Nintendo this gen. They finally have 'HD hardware' (a silly term, but you get the point), yet outside of shinier visuals (often literally) they've done very little to justify the new hardware... In-fact some releases, such as 3D World, have actually felt like a step back from the ambition of their Wii predecessors.

That's not to say their WiiU games haven't been great, but we shouldn't have to wait 3~ years for titles like XCX and ZeldaU to start arriving. Not when the rest of the industry had spent 5/6 years building the foundation for such titles before the WiiU even released.

Anyway, rant over o/

Ambition doesn't equal great, games like The Order were ambitious but only turned out to be ok, to complain about 3DW imo is some what skewered as it's still one of the best games this gen and the game you're saying it's a step back from is considered one of the best in history.

The industry also isn't delivering Zelda or XCX, I'm willing to bet that no game in the industry will be like these two games when they arrive in fact in regards to XCX we already know no other game is similar except for the original, ambition with Nintendo and ambition with the industry vary significantly and imo only a company like R* is on the same wavelength as far as ambition go. XCX has you exploring a giant world in a mech, if you've played RPGs like FF the gif below is reminiscent of getting the airship and exploring new places only in XCX you're in a mech and an open living world that responds to you.

-snip-

Zelda we haven't seen as much of granted but I wouldn't bet against the franchise, the attention to detail and anime concept art direction that's inspired by the likes of Ghibli is something that imo is well above what we see in the industry from most.

-snip-

I never said a game had to be ambitious to be great (in-fact i acknowledged the quality of the WiiU's games), but that doesn't change the fact that Nintendo have done very little to justify the WiiU's hardware over the last 2+ years. I don't personally believe they've even matched their work on the Wii (which is pretty depressing, considering the Wii's hardware limitations).

I look at a game like XCX and think "this is why the WiiU exists". I then look at 3D World and think "this wouldn't even have impressed me on the Wii". Quality is irrelevant to both of those thoughts. I was expecting to feel the former thought much sooner, and about far more games by now.

It's fine if you disagree, but personally I've been very disappointing.

Around the Network

Nintendo needs to justify its hardware? The justification for Nintendo hardware is Nintendo games. Period. And regarding those games...damn, what a track record this gen. Once the dust has settle when we look back at the Wii and the WiiU I know we will consider the WiiU to have the greater lasting impact.

Paatar said:
Cloudman said:
I actually believe there won't be an AC game on the Wii U. It seems too late to have one on this console, unless they plan to continue the Wii U for a little longer. Though if they announce it, then cool : )

You do realize that Nintendo makes sure their consoles have a 5 year MINNIMUM lifespan right? Well guess what, it isn't even on its third yet. So how can it be "too late"

Considering how long an AC game can be played, 2 to 3 years doesn`t seem a lot of time for a new game. It`d make more sense if it released earlier in the console`s life, so people can get more out of it.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Zekkyou said:
curl-6 said:

Look at their recent history; Tropical Freeze, 3D World, NSMBU; all conservative efforts instead of the ambitious projects gamers wanted.

This has been my biggest complaint against Nintendo this gen. They finally have 'HD hardware' (a silly term, but you get the point), yet outside of shinier visuals (often literally) they've done very little to justify the new hardware... In-fact some releases, such as 3D World, have actually felt like a step back from the ambition of their Wii predecessors.

That's not to say their WiiU games haven't been great, but we shouldn't have to wait 3~ years for titles like XCX and ZeldaU to start arriving. Not when the rest of the industry had spent 5/6 years building the foundation for such titles before the WiiU even released.

Anyway, rant over o/

Couldn't agree more.

I really enjoyed Tropical Freeze and 3D World, but compared to the likes of Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3 last gen, they were severely lacking in "wow" factor. XCX looks like it will be their first Wii U game that really pushes the envelope, and it's arriving in the system's third year. Zelda U also looks promising, but this is the kind of thing they should have been delivering right out of the gate, instead of HD Wii/3DS games.

E3 2015, will come out in 2016
Vilanger, as you know, is hyped!

Standing by "never".

It will be a launch window title for the next handheld/Fusion platform.

And it will sell 2x-3x more as a result.

Wii U will get a Metroid game in 2016 instead to retire the system.