By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Order 1886 sales nearly 600,000 copies in 2 days. #SmearCampaign=Failed

fps_d0minat0r said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Next you will tell me that Cod: Ghosts is a great game cause it sold over 10 million... Just deal with its low score... Jeez

see this is what I dont get.

If i said the same thing about pokemon, i'd get banned straight away.

How so?

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
fps_d0minat0r said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Next you will tell me that Cod: Ghosts is a great game cause it sold over 10 million... Just deal with its low score... Jeez

see this is what I dont get.

If i said the same thing about pokemon, i'd get banned straight away.

How so?

for "derailing" and 'not being the place to talk about it'

... but then people go around doing the same for games like COD or the order and I never see them getting 1 week bans.

kraenk12 said:
Dusk said:
The majority of critics and customers alike think the game is mediocre. Think it's the customers that were duped into buying this cause of the hype. I still think this whole smear campaign theory is BS, it's only just a mediocre game, nothing more.
I haven't played it personally, I'm just going by the consensus from metacritic as well as some friends and acquaintances that have played it. It's a game, it's not bad, it's not great, it just is.

That simply is not true. The majority of reviewers, yes. The majority of actual customers enjoyed the game for what it was.

Perhaps you should check the user reviews on metacritic. Also, as I mentioned some friends and acquaintances have said the same. The only people I have actually heard/read anyone say anything exuberant about the game is here for the most part. On a couple of the other sites I visit there is usually 1 or two people that are super intense about it, beyond that the majority of people say it's mediocre. Same with this thread actually. The vast majority are saying it's mediocre. Just because it's contrary to what you believe doesn't mean it isn't true. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

Mandalore76 said:
Baffledduck said:
Dusk said:
The majority of critics and customers alike think the game is mediocre. Think it's the customers that were duped into buying this cause of the hype. I still think this whole smear campaign theory is BS, it's only just a mediocre game, nothing more.
I haven't played it personally, I'm just going by the consensus from metacritic as well as some friends and acquaintances that have played it. It's a game, it's not bad, it's not great, it just is.

Sure don't think it was a smear campaign but It certainly wasnt hyped much either

I guess you don't live near any major market areas, because I've seen a bombardment of advertising in print and televised media for it building up to its launch and beyond hailing its graphics.

Sure hyped in advertisements and what not every game is but all I ever read online were mostly negative impressions prior to release so in that sense it didn't receive much hype

Well the Angry joe reviewed it aswell...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy6NHKDh-Mo

Around the Network

Actually, i think those numbers are bad for a triple AAA shooter on PS4, with about 5 years of development.

inFAMOUS:SS was over 1M in the second week, despite being on a smaller userbase (just over 6M) and not being a shooter. Release almost at a similar time of the year, with Titanfall to counter it.

Baffledduck said:
Dusk said:

Sure don't think it was a smear campaign but It certainly wasnt hyped much either

Did you miss all the TV, youtube, banners and people building it up? Even on this site long before the game released people were saying stuff like 'when will sony aquire Ready at Dawn' and 'The Order 1886 for GOTY' ect. But hey, difference of opinion on guess. 

Gotta figure out how to set these up lol.

The game was ass. R@D just ain't ready for the main stage (original AAA IP on a home console)

There was no smear campaign.

Dusk said:
kraenk12 said:

That simply is not true. The majority of reviewers, yes. The majority of actual customers enjoyed the game for what it was.

Perhaps you should check the user reviews on metacritic. Also, as I mentioned some friends and acquaintances have said the same. The only people I have actually heard/read anyone say anything exuberant about the game is here for the most part. On a couple of the other sites I visit there is usually 1 or two people that are super intense about it, beyond that the majority of people say it's mediocre. Same with this thread actually. The vast majority are saying it's mediocre. Just because it's contrary to what you believe doesn't mean it isn't true. 

This is actually not true. The VAST majority rated it positively not mediocre. You only see what you wanna see. Check Amazon reviews for confirmation.