By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would the Nintendo Fusion support cross buy?

should cross buy be implemented?

Yes 27 77.14%

no 4 11.43%

resultz 4 11.43%

Total:35

***In-thread warning***

let's say they release a handheld and a console that play all the same games.  My question is will you have to buy the same game twice?  For example you buy mario kart 9 for the console,  do you get it on the handheld aswell or do you need to rebuy?  

I ask this because nintendo will know they will lose a lot of revenue if their fans don't have to buy  2 separate versions like they have to with many 3ds and wii u games.  It's one of the only negatives for them I can think of regarding this fusion concept.  

What do you think?  

Around the Network

Of course it will be cross buy. Any sales they "lose" from fans not double dipping they gain in fans buying more games with the extra money.

It will definitely be cross-buy or they won't do the fusion concept at all.

I'm still not convinced they will do a "fusion" console.

No, it won't . It's not within the Nintendo spirit to not charge for something that they can. SSB should have been cross-buy but it wasn't.

Lawlight said:
No, it won't . It's not within the Nintendo spirit to not charge for something that they can. SSB should have been cross-buy but it wasn't.

The fusion concept is that the exact same games run on the home-console and the handheld, EXACTLY the same. Smash Bros on the 3ds had a lot of differences to the WiiU version not to mention they launched months apart.

Around the Network
spemanig said:
Of course it will be cross buy. Any sales they "lose" from fans not double dipping they gain in fans buying more games with the extra money.

I'm not so sure about that when you factor in some of their bigger titles that would lose a lot of sales 

Almost certain at this point

We can already see nintendo experiment with Mario Vs Donkey Kong: Tripping stars

It wouldn't support Cross-buy, we all know Nintendo. They haven't made this with Smash Bros, why should they do this here?

It will support cross buy. It will even do one better. One game will be able to be played on both handheld and console without issue. take it out of your console, pop it into your handheld without missing a beat.

Dr.Vita said:
It wouldn't support Cross-buy, we all know Nintendo. They haven't made this with Smash Bros, why should they do this here?

How about you inform yourself better before spouting nonsense?