By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 a "big evolution in game design, almost like 2D to 3D shift".

He compared it to the dimensional shift?! LOL NO

bet: lost

Around the Network

Well maybe he is right. Hopefully that can help him develop a good game.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Similar to the shift 2D to 3D? Come on... Not even close ; ) I guess only FFXV can boast about what it's doing so far with its excellent attention to detail and massive world to explore, but I don't see how that is as big a change as when 2D jumped into the 3rd dimension. Now that time was huge.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

I wish I had whatever he's smoking.

Imagine when he eventually gets around to making something for the PC in the future, his mind would explode.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Awesome! Maybe next year we start seeing some next gen games that showcase this shift.

Around the Network
TruckOSaurus said:
Insidb said:

I can say that 3D audio feels like that, but more like the switch from blakc and white to color.

When that becomes available to the mainstream, people are going to be amazed at what we've been missing.

3D audio? What it is exactly? Something like surround sound?

Usual approach is binarual audio, it's been around for 40 or so years. Unfortuantelly, problem with it is HRTF (Head Related Transfer Function) is slightly different for each individual, so usual Dummy head recording technique gives close, but not perfrect results.

At the start of this gen I was hoping that both MS and Sony will have Kinect alike device as default (with good resolution), so some smart piece of software would be able to see each users head in detail and calculate individual user HRTF which would then be applied for binaural headphove experience.  Unfortunately, we all know what happened to that.

Well. That's enough internet for today.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Maybe if they really get Morpheus off the ground...

Monster Hunter: pissing me off since 2010.

That's utterly ridiculous.

well i'll be expecting a evolutionary shift of "2D to 3D" in FFXV then.