By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Playstation Vita vs Wii U 2015 sales

thepurplewalrus said:
MikeRox said:
thepurplewalrus said:
Can't wait for Dr. Vita to say that the 1,000 more sold in one week is a sign that the Vita will outsell the Wii U.

It begins! XD :P

#VitaDOMINATION

Today the Wii U, tomorrow the world! XD

Next stop Ouya!

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

Around the Network

It's too bad VGC hasn't adjusted Vita's numbers in the US (and probably Europe too) since we know it's heavily undertracked. If we use numbers from the territories we get official numbers from (Japan and the US) it paints a different picture. Vita has sold ~100k in the US and ~184k in Japan through February, that's ~284k total. Wii U has sold ~160k in the US and ~83k in Japan through February, thats a total of ~243k. So as of right now (or until we get March NPD numbers) the numbers look like this:

• Vita ~284,000
  • Wii U ~243,000

Europe is the only wild card in the equation but I doubt it would help the Wii U close the 41k gap. Especially since VGC seems to adjust EU Vita numbers based off the US and since Vita is WAY undertracked in the US it's probablty undertracked in Europe too.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

BlowoverKing said:

It's too bad VGC hasn't adjusted Vita's numbers in the US (and probably Europe too) since we know it's heavily undertracked. If we use numbers from the territories we get official numbers from (Japan and the US) it paints a different picture. Vita has sold ~100k in the US and ~184k in Japan through February, that's ~284k total. Wii U has sold ~160k in the US and ~83k in Japan through February, thats a total of ~243k. So as of right now (or until we get March NPD numbers) the numbers look like this:

• Vita ~284,000
  • Wii U ~243,000

Europe is the only wild card in the equation but I doubt it would help the Wii U close the 41k gap. Especially since VGC seems to adjust EU Vita numbers based off the US and since Vita is WAY undertracked in the US it's probablty undertracked in Europe too.

;p
Now now, calm down, we don't want to upset the Nintendo devout with the possibility that the Wii U currently isn't outselling the Vita... :p

RIP Dad 25/11/51 - 13/12/13. You will be missed but never forgotten.

This thread is highly important.

MikeRox said:
BlowoverKing said:

• Vita ~284,000
  • Wii U ~243,000

;p
Now now, calm down, we don't want to upset the Nintendo devout with the possibility that the Wii U currently isn't outselling the Vita... :p

Trust me, I got a good laugh reading through this thread. 

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)

Around the Network

Week 10 and 11 have been updated (look at the start post)!

Funny like you update the thread only when Vita sell more...

Ryng_Tolu said:

I've updated week 10 and week 11.

Week 10 = Wii U > PS Vita (currently)
Week 11 = Wii U < PS Vita (currently)

Dr.Vita said:
Ryng_Tolu said:

I've updated week 10 and week 11.

Week 10 = Wii U > PS Vita (currently)
Week 11 = Wii U < PS Vita (currently)

Yes, you update the week 10 AFTER the week 11 released... why you not update the week 10 before?

Clearly they are both success :)