By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - What if Nintendo is planning to dual push the N3ds and the Fusion?

What's up?

Chicken butt. 10 16.39%

Al Gore. 3 4.92%

Fusion handheld won't happen. 11 18.03%

N3ds is just temporary, w... 28 45.90%

I agree... I think? 3 4.92%

I think... I agree? 2 3.28%

I I ... think agree? 4 6.56%

Total:61
zorg1000 said:
Probably not, u asked why would Nintendo release a revision if they are planning on replacing it in 2 years, well that's what Nintendo always does.

Gameboy Advance released about 2.5 years after Gameboy Color, Nintendo DS released less than 2 years after Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo 3DS released about 2 years after Nintendo DSi and the next handheld will release about 2 years after New Nintendo 3DS.

I really don't see the 3DS lasting till 2017.

Around the Network
skunkfish said:
N3DS was a measure put in place so that they could extend the life of 3DS hardware/software sales until their next-gen platform is ready.

/thread.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

The last DS revision was the DSi XL, released in Japan in December 2009 and in North America in Feb. 2010.

The 3DS launched in Japan in Feb 2011 and in North America in April 2011.

So about 14 months later.

Samus Aran said:
zorg1000 said:
Probably not, u asked why would Nintendo release a revision if they are planning on replacing it in 2 years, well that's what Nintendo always does.

Gameboy Advance released about 2.5 years after Gameboy Color, Nintendo DS released less than 2 years after Gameboy Advance SP, Nintendo 3DS released about 2 years after Nintendo DSi and the next handheld will release about 2 years after New Nintendo 3DS.

I really don't see the 3DS lasting till 2017.

Well New 3DS released in October 2014 in Japan, November 2014 in Australia, and February 2015 in America/Europe so a holiday 2016 launch would give New 3DS roughly 2 years on the market before a successor released.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

I can´t believe you people still believes the fusion thing. There is no way for that to happen. Or do you think Nintendo will be happy selling just one console instead of two?

Around the Network
POE said:
I can´t believe you people still believes the fusion thing. There is no way for that to happen. Or do you think Nintendo will be happy selling just one console instead of two?

They can still sell 2 different pieces of hardware......or 3 or 4.

Iwata has hinted at wanting to go with an iOS style approach by having all their devices share an operating system and architecture so that all or most games/apps can run on all devices.

Apple has the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV that share this approach. Nintendo could go for three variants of their handhelds and a home console version as well. Maybe something like this.

Fusion Mini-4 inch, 480p screen, 2gb RAM, $149.99

Fusion Portable-5 inch, 720p screen, 3gb RAM, $199.99

Fusion XL-6 inch, 1080p screen, 4gb RAM, $249.99

Fusion TV-1080p, 4gb RAM, $199.99

All 4 devices share a library just at different settings.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

zorg1000 said:
POE said:

Iwata has hinted at wanting to go with an iOS style approach by having all their devices share an operating system and architecture so that all or most games/apps can run on all devices.

Apple has the iPod, iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV that share this approach. Nintendo could go for three variants of their handhelds and a home console version as well. Maybe something like this.

I can see that happening.  What i don´t believe is a single machine to play both types of games (portable and home console). Ive seen a lot of people support the idea of a single device with the controller being like the wii u one so it can be used as a portable too.

POE said:
zorg1000 said:

I can see that happening.  What i don´t believe is a single machine to play both types of games (portable and home console). Ive seen a lot of people support the idea of a single device with the controller being like the wii u one so it can be used as a portable too.

Ya I don't know why people still think we will see a single, 2 in 1 device, Iwata has already pretty much confirmed that's not going to happen.

POE said:

If you notice how I typed it, I said "fusion handheld" implying there would also be a fusion home based console. The fusion idea doesn't always (depending on the person talking about it) mean 1 console and, in this case, means 2 but they have a unified OS as well as cross buy function on all their titles combined.