By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Congrats Man; great purchase.

Be ready for Bloodborne, and get Infamous SS, if you don't own it already.

Then Sept-Dec 2015 will be amazing ;)

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.

Around the Network
vivster said:

So you will end up using it only for games you cannot play on other platforms? What a unique approach.

I buy all my Nintendo consoles for that very reason!

Buys a PS4..

Doesn't buy games made for PS4..

Where do I begin?

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

I agree with OP, the PS4 library is extremely lackluster. Infamous SS is not a great game, I played it and got bored. It's a by the numbers sandbox game with little innovation.

The PS4 hasn't lived up to the hype and this year doesn't look like it will change things.

reggin_bolas said:
I agree with OP, the PS4 library is extremely lackluster. Infamous SS is not a great game, I played it and got bored. It's a by the numbers sandbox game with little innovation.

The PS4 hasn't lived up to the hype and this year doesn't look like it will change things.

Troll alert... smh Infamous SS was an amazing game with very innovative powers & some of the best specials of all-time.

~Mod Edit~

This post has been moderated.

-Smeags

Around the Network
Burning Typhoon said:
Nuvendil said:
Well if you want a technical showcase, get Killzone Shadowfall, The Order, Infamous, or even try Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. Those all do a better job of showing the generation gap.

I don't want a First Person Shooter.  They are far too simple-minded for me.  The order looks bad, and I've never been interested in any Infamous game.  No idea what Middle Earth is, so I wont play that either.  I may find myself waiting for Uncharted 4, to see how this generation is supposed to look.

mordor is an open world game  with batman style fighting / assasin creed plarforming and execution.  It has  a military system where you enemies have captains and lieutenant  adn higher ups than thatt. each of theos enemis in their own respective hierachies have intel to reveal other bosses. you can infiltrate them by controlling one, letting them kill you so that it can get promoted and reach closer to the higher ranks and then get that one to kill the head top boss. Its a very addicting game and worth a try .  There are so many way you can play the game and the graphics are nice. If you haven't got tomb raider yet, i would recommend the definitive edition. great game and nice graphics.  If you love far cry games, then the newest one is pretty good and has lovely graphics. its a good game to show next gen graphics .

Burning Typhoon said:
Nuvendil said:
Well if you want a technical showcase, get Killzone Shadowfall, The Order, Infamous, or even try Middle Earth Shadow of Mordor. Those all do a better job of showing the generation gap.

I don't want a First Person Shooter.  They are far too simple-minded for me.  The order looks bad, and I've never been interested in any Infamous game.  No idea what Middle Earth is, so I wont play that either.  I may find myself waiting for Uncharted 4, to see how this generation is supposed to look.

:-O

You should get some next gen exclusive games and evaluate the console afterwards. 8 or so cross gen games should be enough, though. I could tell the difference in FIFA 14 for instance almost instantly. As others have said though, Shadow of Mordor is quite a good game.

m0ney said:
At least you learned something - don't buy something you don't need.

We don't really need any of it though.... Kind of a moot point IMO.

Congrats on the purchase?

It seems with the home screen, you're just more use to the PS3 functions and layout over the PS4. I'm with you there but I'm starting to get use to the PS4.

Gamewise, give it until the end of this year. I always say a system doesn't usually put out something killer until a few years after it's been released. It was like that for my PS3 as well.

The USB ports are on the front because if your controller dies, its easier to plug in your controller and still play rather than plugging it in from the back. I know PC have USB in the back but also in the front as well, so it would've been nice if the PS4 has a few USB ports in the back as well as the front.

Hope you'll start to enjoy your PS4 more so as more games are being released and getting use to it's features/functions.

bunchanumbers said:
I don't even think I'll mess with the PS4. I will most likely just upgrade my PC and ride that out with my Wii U for the rest of the generation. Sony hasn't shown me much of anything this generation that will make me buy a PS4.

Kinda what I'm more or elss leanign towards, now I've got money this month I'll be throwing money into PC upgrades ahead of time before WItcher 3, a Wii U I'll get around summer time and next year (maybe summer then too) I'll go for an XB1, Wii U has what I want first and Xbox has some games I;d want, PS4 still doesn't have anything for me that I can't get on PC (inb4 spam list).

Still I'm surprised this thread hasn't blown up already.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"