By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XB1 Resolution & FPS Revisited Has the Xbox One Caught Up?

The XB1 will triumph in the end.

The cloud, freed kinetic resources, eSRAM's improvement after improvement and soon DX12.I'd be surpised if the XB1 doesn't start playing games at 4k 60fps by next year.

Around the Network
Kirin_gaming said:
The XB1 will triumph in the end.

The cloud, freed kinetic resources, eSRAM's improvement after improvement and soon DX12.I'd be surpised if the XB1 doesn't start playing games at 4k 60fps by next year.

Nah man with the cloud I'm thinking 8K and 120FPS

#1 Amb-ass-ador

the-pi-guy said:
ReimTime said:

Nah man with the cloud I'm thinking 8K and 120FPS

120 fps?  Nah bro.  That's playable, but not ideal.  960 FPS for sure.  That's ideal.  

Resolution  = 32k.

Xbox is the future.  

Yea! That's more like it! Is it in 4D tho?

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Ryng_Tolu said:

FACT: PS4 is more powerful than XBO... The DX12 will decrease the gap, but still...

Fact: DX12 will only help the PC, AAA games use more optimized methods as it is. Phil confirmed it wouldn't, Micorosft confirmed the boost is PC thorugh multiple departments.  MisterX is the only one who believes.

This is also misleading, some of the 1080p games have other benefits on the PS4 like GTA.

"Phil Spencer: DirectX 12 Won’t Change Xbox One’s Hardware and Graphics Capabilities"

"ask me if it’s gonna be dramatic and I think I answered no at the time and I’ll say the same thing.”

He started talking about the cloud....For someone who is suppose to hype things, he seems to be playing damage control.

He then followed it up with the power of the cloud! So there is hope, it's just in the clouds.

Improving the API and drivers helps consoles perform closer to their maximum output. They, however, do not improve the hardware.

Around the Network

No. Next question.

the-pi-guy said:
ReimTime said:

Yea! That's more like it! Is it in 4D tho?

With the cloud, even 5D is possible.  

Meanwhile Ubisoft acquires Ouya and calls it the Ouyasoft, creates a cloud by condensing the tears of butthurt fanboys, and cinematically rains down monthly AC titles at 12 FPS. IGN rates 7.8/10 for having too much water. You can buy an umbrella as DLC, except it has holes in it. Umbrella patch expected in 6 months.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

true_fan said:
the-pi-guy said:
true_fan said:

To be honest you are full of it and you know it.  Phil Spencer never such any such thing.  Also do you also ignore the tweet where he says expect a perfect dark zero to Halo 4 boost in graphics.  

Eithe way I'm suprised people are still worried about graphics especially after recent releases. 

“On the DX12 question, I was asked early on by people if DX12 is gonna dramatically change the graphics capabilities of Xbox One and I said it wouldn’t. I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade, but the CPU, GPU and memory that are on Xbox One don’t change when you go to DX12. DX12 makes it easier to do some of the things that Xbox One’s good at, which will be nice and you’ll see improvement in games that use DX12, but people ask me if it’s gonna be dramatic and I think I answered no at the time and I’ll say the same thing.”

http://wccftech.com/phil-spencer-directx-1-xbox-one-hardware-graphics/#ixzz3TwCnlXLr

So you say it will do nothing for XB1, then in the statement you post, the highlighted sentence says DX12 will have an effect on XB1. This is what I don't get about certain fans, you have no objectivitiy and have selective reading/hearing. To these same fans Not Dramatic=No effect, for all we know dramatic could = 50% boost, we don't know.

PS from that very same Phil Spencer"DX12 will help as well, think PDZ to Halo 4"
https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/453002981730836481?screen_name=XboxP3

All in all enjoy games on your console of choice, neither ps4 or Xb1 are superconsoles, despite what people would have you believe.

i taste salt...

Moderated - Starcraft

Software improvements can't fix inferior hardware. Looking at the big picture though, XB1 isn't that much worse than the PS4. I think everyone should be happy that both consoles can do 720p@60fps respectfully.

Ramadear said:
Software improvements can't fix inferior hardware. Looking at the big picture though, XB1 isn't that much worse than the PS4. I think everyone should be happy that both consoles can do 720p@60fps respectfully.

Welllllll I think 1080p@60fps should be a staple. Devs gotta optimize better

#1 Amb-ass-ador