By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4 vs. XB1 Resolution & FPS Revisited Has the Xbox One Caught Up?

It'll never catch up completely people need to get over it :p

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

Around the Network
kupomogli said:
Look at how bad Resident Evil Revelations 2 runs on the PS4.

Xbox One is the superior console

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lxdwi2kgSqg

I know you were being sarcastic but I'm just here to say I agree and power doesn't make a superior console

Ltd predictions by the time 9th Gen comes out

Ps4:110million

Xbox one :75 million( was 65) 

Wii u: 20 milliion

It's interesting that there has been more resolution differencues lately despite all the reserves Microsoft has been freeing up I guess the ice team has been working hard too

Ryng_Tolu said:

FACT: PS4 is more powerful than XBO... The DX12 will decrease the gap, but still...

I thought it was confirmed DX12 will benefit PC games only.

Rafie said:
ReimTime said:

Not sure if serious........

He's being sarcastic.

Ah top kek m8

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Around the Network
vivster said:
Can we stop with this DX12 will give X1 a boost? I mean even Phil has confirmed that it will do nothing for X1.

To be honest you are full of it and you know it.  Phil Spencer never such any such thing.  Also do you also ignore the tweet where he says expect a perfect dark zero to Halo 4 boost in graphics.  

Eithe way I'm suprised people are still worried about graphics especially after recent releases. 

As great as DX12 will be, the base hardware in both will always be the deciding factor. This isn't to say the Xbox One cannot do 1080p well, but the PS4 is more capable of doing so.

" It has never been about acknowledgement when you achieve something. When you are acknowledged, then and only then can you achieve something. Always have your friends first to achieve your goals later." - OnlyForDisplay

the-pi-guy said:
true_fan said:

To be honest you are full of it and you know it.  Phil Spencer never such any such thing.  Also do you also ignore the tweet where he says expect a perfect dark zero to Halo 4 boost in graphics.  

Eithe way I'm suprised people are still worried about graphics especially after recent releases. 

“On the DX12 question, I was asked early on by people if DX12 is gonna dramatically change the graphics capabilities of Xbox One and I said it wouldn’t. I’m not trying to rain on anybody’s parade, but the CPU, GPU and memory that are on Xbox One don’t change when you go to DX12. DX12 makes it easier to do some of the things that Xbox One’s good at, which will be nice and you’ll see improvement in games that use DX12, but people ask me if it’s gonna be dramatic and I think I answered no at the time and I’ll say the same thing.”

http://wccftech.com/phil-spencer-directx-1-xbox-one-hardware-graphics/#ixzz3TwCnlXLr

So you say it will do nothing for XB1, then in the statement you post, the highlighted sentence says DX12 will have an effect on XB1. This is what I don't get about certain fans, you have no objectivitiy and have selective reading/hearing. To these same fans Not Dramatic=No effect, for all we know dramatic could = 50% boost, we don't know.

PS from that very same Phil Spencer"DX12 will help as well, think PDZ to Halo 4"
https://mobile.twitter.com/XboxP3/status/453002981730836481?screen_name=XboxP3

All in all enjoy games on your console of choice, neither ps4 or Xb1 are superconsoles, despite what people would have you believe.

Moderated,

-Mr Khan

No it has not. If the X1 is matching a 1080p PS4 game with 900p, it isn't even close. Show me a fully optimized multiplat with matching FPS with no rez difference and we will talk. The closest game was Dying Light, and the X1 dipped more and suffered from tearing. The gap is there...accept it.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Captain_Yuri said:

Doubt it cause ps4 is superior to x1 in hardware, not software so even with dx12 it shouldn't have the same performance as an x1

The only way they can be the same performance is either the said game isn't very demanding or they is some backdoor exchanges going on or the developer didn't optimize the ps4 version enough to use its capabilities or there is a downgrade in graphics (such as lighting) for higher resolution and/or framerate

This, the ps4 essantially gets also the same kind of updates from the OpenGl group. The latest one is vulkan